if you could move anywhere.. where would you go?

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
Marklar
₥5
Are you kidding? I can't leave Maryland, I'm scared.


edit: In before April quotes my post with "QFMFT"

edit 2: April likes to touch my post
 

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
22,790
47
41
46
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
I would love to live out the US for a while. Just to experience another culture. Somewhere lazy and laid back.

In the US. Right night somewhere not so damn hot.
 

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
34,396
464
648
45
Austin
Marklar
₥663
Galen said:
Lot's of Jobs? What Berlin are you talking about? Germany is a disaster at the minute. They're hoping the world cup brought in investment though, so we'll see how that pans out.


Dude. You suck at the sarcasm.

FlamingGlory said:
Lot's of jobs... o_O

Are you high?

Ditto
 

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
34,396
464
648
45
Austin
Marklar
₥663
FlamingGlory said:
And for American cities:

Beautiful Duluth, MN, birthplace of Bob Dylan. The largest and highest volume port on the great lakes. Located next to Lake Superior. More cloudy than Seattle, snows in July. The entire city is built into the side of a CLIFF, east west roads are at about 100% to 150% grade. Cheap real estate, lots of industrial jobs etc.

Duluthjuly.JPG


My personal preference is not to stay in any one place in any case. I dont like Duluth more than I like where I am. I like to move...


Heh. My mom's from Superior. I've spent many a summer in the Twin Ports. I'll agree that Duluth is now a pretty nice town. When I was a kid it was a run-down shithole, but they've pumped a lot of money into it to make it a tourist attraction. Now they have lots of nice housing, shopping, eating, etc. If I ever become a trillionaire I'm buying a nice mansion on the water.
 

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
68,732
1,999
923
Marklar
₥0
either in calanques, france...tiny little town east of marseilles
calanques 2.jpg

climbing_les_calanques.JPG

131_Photos calanques 059.jpg


or in coastal galicia...the NW province of spain
vigo beach.gif

islasatlanticas01.jpg

galicia.jpg
 

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
34,396
464
648
45
Austin
Marklar
₥663
Bubbles said:
I think I would enjoy living in Rome, or the tuscsan countryside


Rome is pretty awesome. It's a living museum. Not every day you get to walk through a 2-3,000 year old town. I just hate the Italian political and judicial systems, or I'd think of living there too. Tuscany is amazingly gorgeous. So is Spain, though.
 
Last edited:

Pandora

Flaccid Member
Oct 19, 2004
7,656
0
0
Atlanta GA!
skewed.textamerica.com
Marklar
₥0
tre said:
I'd move somewhere down along the amalfi coast for sure.

That would be awesome. I have a picture of the coast hanging in my living room. :D

I'm actually pretty happy in Atlanta. The only other places I've considered living is North Carolina, Tennessee, Florida or Colorado. The temps there get a little too extreame for me tho, so I'd have to be a seasonal resident.
 

Bubbles

Flaccid Member
May 24, 2005
6,266
0
0
42
i cannot divulge this informatin
Marklar
₥0
Flamer McDickchugger said:
Rome is pretty awesome. It's a living museum. Not every day you get to walk through a 2-3,000 year old town. I just hate the Italian governmental and judicial systems, or I'd think of living there too. Tuscany is amazingly gorgeous. So is Spain, though.

I'd like to go to spain before I make my final decision. I'd also like to see germany, greece, and the netherlands, and more of france (outside of paris)
 

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
34,396
464
648
45
Austin
Marklar
₥663
Bubbles said:
I'd like to go to spain before I make my final decision. I'd also like to see germany, greece, and the netherlands, and more of france (outside of paris)


Greece is beautiful too. I've never been to the Netherlands. Never really felt the need. Small, crowded, and filled with stinky hippies.
 

wanko80

Erect Member
Jul 31, 2006
2,492
0
41
42
McKinney,TX
Marklar
₥5
Bubbles said:
I'd like to go to spain before I make my final decision. I'd also like to see germany, greece, and the netherlands, and more of france (outside of paris)
My wife loves Spain. She went in high school and had a great time. Very relaxed culture apparently.
 

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
20,937
8,974
623
Summer
Marklar
₥9,628
Climate wise I want to live in San Diego, but lots of other factors would have to change first. Otherwise, I absolutely love Colorado Springs, gorgeous city, clean, lots of recreation around. The only problem with Colorado Springs is the winters suck, I'm not a cold person at all, I'd much rather deal with the heat for a couple months than the cold for 5 months.
 

wanko80

Erect Member
Jul 31, 2006
2,492
0
41
42
McKinney,TX
Marklar
₥5
kiwi said:
Climate wise I want to live in San Diego, but lots of other factors would have to change first. Otherwise, I absolutely love Colorado Springs, gorgeous city, clean, lots of recreation around. The only problem with Colorado Springs is the winters suck, I'm not a cold person at all, I'd much rather deal with the heat for a couple months than the cold for 5 months.
I had considered moving to Colorado at one point, and asked an uncle who had lived there about it.

He said people from Colorado can be a little snobby, in the sense of if you're not from Colorado, you aren't as good.

But maybe that has changed in the last few years.
 

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
20,937
8,974
623
Summer
Marklar
₥9,628
wonko80 said:
I had considered moving to Colorado at one point, and asked an uncle who had lived there about it.

He said people from Colorado can be a little snobby, in the sense of if you're not from Colorado, you aren't as good.

But maybe that has changed in the last few years.

I didn't have that problem while I was there. I was in Pueblo going to school and had a grand time.

Edit: This was in 2000. Also, I'm from Utah, and Utah, unfortunately, can be one of the cliquish states in the US.
 

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
15,608
67
0
42
AZ
Marklar
₥272
kiwi said:
I didn't have that problem while I was there. I was in Pueblo going to school and had a grand time.

Edit: This was in 2000. Also, I'm from Utah, and Utah, unfortunately, IS one of the cliquish states in the US.

fixt