Would you pay the proposed new fees

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • I never go to a Park and I've basically failed at life

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
While it may suck if Parks are jammed it’s also fucking awesome that people are utilizing them. Having less people go especially due to costs defeats the reason the parks were designed. They are there for every citizen to be able to still experience our lands the way they used to be before we raped them. I’m a huge believer in “if a tree falls in the woods be there to hear it”.

right, but it's difficult to do that if you can't tell if you're at a park or a walmart on black friday.

Are these fee increases necessary? If they are, fine.

I depends on how you break it down. They have had large budget cuts so they say they need the money for repairs. But as @Jehannum pointed out they also waste a lot of money of stuff like buses, centers, etc that could be done away with. Like I said my concern is the negative impact. Example based even on people’s comments on here you have 100 people attend a year for $20 per car load making $2000. You raise the rates to make more money but in turn your vistayion rates drop 80% so you end up losing money.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Example based even on people’s comments on here you have 100 people attend a year for $20 per car load making $2000. You raise the rates to make more money but in turn your vistayion rates drop 80% so you end up losing money.

100 x $20 = $2000

80 x $25 = $2000 but you have 20% less wear and tear on the parks.

charge more than the $25 and you're ahead. It's 'pain point' pricing.

They've already done this math and will use admission price as well as other means to control visitation.

Other means: they're already doing 'lottery' tickets for other events. This past yr my friends were at one of the parks and tried to go see something specific at the park but to reduce visitors you signed up for it when you arrived and found out if you got a ticket(which you'd also have to pay for) to see it a short time later. I can't remember which UT park it was but they missed out on seeing something at that park because they didn't make the list.

Meanwhile, they had free admission at national parks in Canada this year. Took full advantage of that for my vacation, visited 5 different national parks and had an amazing time.

They still charged for campsite rentals, canoe rentals, firewood and all that other stuff... and apparently parks canada is having a great year financially because more people than ever have been using the parks. Wouldn't be surprised if they just do away with the admission cost altogether for coming years.

I swear the US and Canada are becoming more and more opposite every day. Makes me wonder how soon it'll be before Trump's gonna threaten to nuke us, because our multiculturalism is a threat to them or some shit.

Meanwhile, they had free admission at national parks in Canada this year. Took full advantage of that for my vacation, visited 5 different national parks and had an amazing time.

They still charged for campsite rentals, canoe rentals, firewood and all that other stuff... and apparently parks canada is having a great year financially because more people than ever have been using the parks. Wouldn't be surprised if they just do away with the admission cost altogether for coming years.

I swear the US and Canada are becoming more and more opposite every day. Makes me wonder how soon it'll be before Trump's gonna threaten to nuke us, because our multiculturalism is a threat to them or some shit.

I'm sure it's his plan to close all of our National Parks and just make Canada our 1 large Park.

I received an update to my comment from NPS. They said in the proposed changes the annual pass would remain at $80. So why would anyone pay $70 to get into a Park when you could just pay $80 for a pass. I'm glad they aren't looking to change that but that makes zero sense.

I received an update to my comment from NPS. They said in the proposed changes the annual pass would remain at $80. So why would anyone pay $70 to get into a Park when you could just pay $80 for a pass. I'm glad they aren't looking to change that but that makes zero sense.

tourists. People that dont live near the parks, and are only coming once.

tourists. People that dont live near the parks, and are only coming once.

to the animals we are all tourists

crying-indian.gif

responded via comment:

Understanding the needs for park upkeep, facilities, and services I completely understand the proposed raises. However, I have demographic inquiry. This data may not be collected, but would it be appropriate to have different fee schedules for US Tourists vs Out of Country Tourists? I know several other countries implement different fees for local residents vs foreign visitors, as well as some state parks doing the same for state residents vs out of state residents.

I am in no way lessening the value of foreign tourists visiting our countries great parks, and want them to be welcome, and enjoy the experience.

In addition, there may be some unnecessary services the parks implement, (bussing, other "ease of access" measures) that have a high cost, and actually correlate to greater overall upkeep.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
pain point. They can advertise $70 but know at the gate or wherever(website?) they can up-sell it will be an easy close. I'd also bet that even though they get the extra $10 it doesn't change whether that person comes back again in 364 days.

I say that because countless times I've gotten suckered into the seasonal pass at Great America and NEVER went back. Those fuckers!!!!:p