Would you pay the proposed new fees

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • I never go to a Park and I've basically failed at life

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Meanwhile, they had free admission at national parks in Canada this year. Took full advantage of that for my vacation, visited 5 different national parks and had an amazing time.

They still charged for campsite rentals, canoe rentals, firewood and all that other stuff... and apparently parks canada is having a great year financially because more people than ever have been using the parks. Wouldn't be surprised if they just do away with the admission cost altogether for coming years.

I swear the US and Canada are becoming more and more opposite every day. Makes me wonder how soon it'll be before Trump's gonna threaten to nuke us, because our multiculturalism is a threat to them or some shit.

It's time

Mexico_Wall_1200.jpg=s1200x1200

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
if you visit Yellowstone demand a discount. all of the animals are leaving, sob!

Yellowstone is like the most non-park park. Way overdeveloped.

On topic---. Not paying $70 for a day. Will pay $80 for season pass though. I've been to 4 or 5 on that list, some more than once. Would like to see them all before I die. Next one will be to see the giant Sequoias, with a stop at Grand Canyon on the way.

On topic---. Not paying $70 for a day. Will pay $80 for season pass though. I've been to 4 or 5 on that list, some more than once. Would like to see them all before I die. Next one will be to see the giant Sequoias, with a stop at Grand Canyon on the way.

A few days before my dad died, he told me that he was so glad he had gotten the time to get his affairs in order. He said the only regret he had in life was that he had never seen the Sequoias. Pretty good life if that's your only regret, I think.

A few days before my dad died, he told me that he was so glad he had gotten the time to get his affairs in order. He said the only regret he had in life was that he had never seen the Sequoias. Pretty good life if that's your only regret, I think.

Sounds like he enjoyed his life. Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of the fact we only get one shot at this thing. Get too caught up in the minutia.

You're gonna love Yosemite. I never did find Sam, even tho I looked everywhere.

You're gonna love Yosemite. I never did find Sam, even tho I looked everywhere.

Been to that one though was a kid/teenager at the time. That, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Rocky Mountain National. Padre Island national seashore. Sam Houston national forest.

If these parks are set aside to be maintained in their natural state, like undeveloped, raw wilderness, how much infrastructure should they have? You'd need some to manage and clean up after the people and maintain the place as "undisturbed" wilderness, but how much is too much?

I don't know where that line is but I'd say Yellowstone, or at least parts of it, crossed that line a long time ago. On the other hand, zero infrastructure other than a parking lot and fee collector at the entrance would mean a lot of people wouldn't be able to enjoy them. Let's face it, a lot Americans would have a hard enough time surviving a weekend and wouldn't make it very far into the park with just what they could carry on their back.

Yellowstone is what it is and we're not going to reverse it, and maybe that's not a bad thing. It's developed to the point anybody can access and experience it. Young, old, handicapped, people who've never been outside the city, etc.

I haven't been to Glacier yet, it's on the list after Sequoia, but my brother and his wife took their honeymoon there. Said that one, or at least parts of it, is more geared towards the outdoorsman type. Not so developed and touristy.

So where's the balances between actual wilderness where just the Grizzly Adams types could stay and function for longer than a weekend, and more developed parks that most anyone could use, complete with ADA access in the forest, commercial bus tours, and gimmicky gift shops?

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Years ago I saw a comedian, can't remember his name.
He did cartoon character voices dead on.
One was Yogi and Boo Boo.

"Yogi, I don't think the ranger is gonna like this"

"Well, Fuck the ranger, Boo Boo".

He did Yosemite Sam too.
iiiiiiiii hate that fuk'n rabbit.