Thread If a djinn offered you a single tangible gift for Christmas, what would it be?

:( :( :( fawk! I know.
His dad just has diff priorities and sadly his son isn't one of them...
In a perfect world him and I would get along and he would have an active role in his life.. But that's just not the case. He let's down my son a lot.. For now kiko gets upset and quickly forgets. That's not going to last forever.. One day my ex will have to answer to his son.
I'm just gonna be the best mama ever. He deserves nothing less.

dating guys that break into your house and cause all sorts of drama, and doing drugs, etc etc is the opposite of a good mama by the way. I thought someone should tell you.

Aside from the whole polio thing Liam seems like a good dad and a strong provider. That's important. When I was 5 we moved to the middle of buttf*ck nowhere Norway from Texas. We didn't know anyone, didn't speak the language, etc. It was very, very hard. But we powered on through because we had a strong family. Your situation would be nothing like that, which makes it even better. Trust me, none of you will ever regret living in a foreign country, especially one with a ready built family waiting for you. Growing up overseas is the most amazing thing that ever happened to me. As it will be for you and E. And any additional Facebook troll status children you may be expecting. :fly:

Beaches, no language barrier, hot women everywhere, hot dudes everywhere, thousands of venomous things that can kill you instantly... Sounds like heaven.

You're very right. I just cannot handle HUGE change very well, and even if my daughter weren't an issue, I'd still have massive anxiety about. I'm just high strung. :lol:

And LOL @ troll status children. That was funny. What is funniest how many people really didn't read and just saw "We're expecting". My old boss, Liam's MOM, so many people. Hilar.

You're very right. I just cannot handle HUGE change very well, and even if my daughter weren't an issue, I'd still have massive anxiety about. I'm just high strung. :lol:

And LOL @ troll status children. That was funny. What is funniest how many people really didn't read and just saw "We're expecting". My old boss, Liam's MOM, so many people. Hilar.

Thanks a lot, Obama.

I'm with ya. We want to eventually move to Denver. If it were just up to April, we'd already be there. She doesn't care. I want to move, but it freaks me the fuck out.

Also, do you really think your daughter would regret living in AUSTRALIA? I very quickly forgot about my friends when I moved, but we didn't have the internet. They can talk every f*cking day about how amazing Australia is! I totally think you should go to court for her. She won't like it at first, but I think she will thank you FOREVER for getting her out of her stale life and getting her to experience fantastic things outside of her immediate little bubble.

Well, it's her father. He would fight tooth and nail for her not to move. The shitty thing is, one of the reasons why I divorced him, is the fact that he's just not around for his kids. His current wife is there, but he is not. He's always off somewhere with some excuse to do this or that, or do some project for someone, who the hell knows, but family isn't a priority for that dude.

I'm with ya. We want to eventually move to Denver. If it were just up to April, we'd already be there. She doesn't care. I want to move, but it freaks me the fuck out.

Why? Mikey doesn't live there anymore.

If she get's bit by a shark they are totally going to blame america.

:lol:

Yeah Juli I have to say it's a very hard one, it must be tearing your apart. It's a shame her dad is still on the scene otherwise I'd say you should make her come with you, kids don't make the right decisions and she's not thinking long term, we all know most friends won't last from the age she is so it's not worth sacrificing moving to Aus for.

Right. And I just don't want her having to make such a huge decision when she seems happy & otherwise well adjusted.

On the other hand, if my kid's mom moved him to Australia I would be devastated. Eventually I'd move to Australia too, so I could be near him. Maybe stow away in the hull of some freighter and live on rats and barnacles under the pier in the wharf.
Yea, I know. But, she does have the decision in her hands. She doesn't know about this completely yet. Just bits. There will be talks very soon.

I can't even imagine seeing my child every 6 months. That would probably kill me.

Yes, this is the shitty part for sure.

Yeah, I mean I have a hard enough time if someone moves anything in the house that is carefully placed by me. :lol: Everything has a specific reason for being where it is, and it drives me insane to see it moved, or when my 8 year decided to "rearrange" mom's pillows and shit. :rage:

Moving 200 miles down the highway in July (from Dallas to Austin) was a traumatic experience for me. I aaaaalmost broke up with an amazing woman (and a chance at happiness) over it. I still struggle with it. But I make the drive every other weekend because I need my kid. Some dudes don't need their kids, I'm just not one of them. It would be a lot cheaper if I was.

That's awesome. And so lucky you're that close,too!

Yeah, I mean I have a hard enough time if someone moves anything in the house that is carefully placed by me. :lol: Everything has a specific reason for being where it is, and it drives me insane to see it moved, or when my 8 year decided to "rearrange" mom's pillows and shit. :rage:

God I hate to say this... You and I are a lot alike. :omy:

I'm with ya. We want to eventually move to Denver. If it were just up to April, we'd already be there. She doesn't care. I want to move, but it freaks me the f*ck out.

Do it! Domestic moves are eeeeeasy. Once you nail down the Big Three: job, residence, and moving company. That's all you need. International moves require a sh*tload more moving expense, knowledge of the destination country's labor laws, tax laws, visa requirements, and other things, an understanding of the basics such as WHAT THE f*ck DO I DO TO SURVIVE EVERY DAY, etc. It's scary. But man, Australia is like a groovier California with better accents and a functioning economy. Juli should take the plunge, kids in tow.

Last edited:
Do it! Domestic moves are eeeeeasy. Once you nail down the Big Three: job, residence, and moving company. That's all you need. International moves require a sh*tload more moving expense, knowledge of the destination country's labor laws, tax laws, visa requirements, and other things, an understanding of the basics such as WHAT THE f*ck DO I DO TO SURVIVE EVERY DAY, etc. It's scary. But man, Australia is like a groovier California with better accents and a functioning economy. Juli should take the plunge, kids in tow.

I really wish it was that easy for me. :hs:

That's too bad. It's tough. I don't know his individual concerns or motivations, but I'll tell you this: part of you wants to avoid the child forever simply because it's easier to do so from an emotional standpoint. Steel your mind and let the scar tissue build up, or go through a profoundly sad situation every two weeks. It's almost like a survival instinct. You want to block it out and move on. I do this to a much lesser extent. I simply block it out in the days in between our scheduled visits.

I remember the days when my son was 3 and 4 and he would sob in the backseat on the drive back to his mom's house because he couldn't understand why he could never stay with me. That happened every time we were together. Our fun was always tempered by the knowledge that within 36-48 hours there would be tears and confusion. If you love your kid, it's torture. And it's exhausting. It would be so much easier to not have to go through that. And yet a parent who loves their kid never truly has that option of course. You want to go through it because you have to.

Our time together is much more complicated and expensive now, but that doesn't change anything except the planning involved. For example a one-way to see him is now 200 miles instead of 8. A Friday night round trip is now 400 miles instead of 16. A full weekend round trip is now 800 miles instead of 32. It's a lot more gas money, but I will never stop doing it. I don't give a shit about money in that sense.

Life is a funny thing. Sometimes I stop and consider how different my life is from what I always thought it would be. Then I try to imagine it 10 years from now, but I just pass out on the floor for a while.
Our time is cheaper now. We used to drive to meet up and exchange Skylar, but now she flies. And she loves it! This past summer, I flew her & her friend here. Such a cool experience for them. They were so silly and giddy about it.

It sounds funny, but it's nice to be able to "place an order" for your child now. :lol: The drive was such shit.

I'm a really, really good driver. I put on music and zone out with my thoughts. Before I know it, 3 hours have gone by. 200 miles is nothing for me. (But 1,800 miles to Illinois and back in 24 nonstop hours almost killed me.)

The one thing that I'm really grateful for in all this is that Ghost is remaining very involved, the kids are back and forth between houses all week, seeing us both regularly. I think it's really helped them adjust a lot too. Any person that I end up with best be okay with living in Arizona for at least the next 10 years, cause we will both do anything possible to keep them close to both of us. I can't imagine being in Juli's situation and trying to work that out. :heart:

Yea, maintaining positivity between you two is important for your kids. Too much angst is caused when there is tension. And at some point, there might be. And if they ever sense it and ask questions just being honest really helps. "Your father and I sometimes have a hard time, but we are working it out and it's nothing to worry about." Divorce is so hard but it's good that your kids are quite young, so they can adjust easier than older kids. You sound like you've got things figured out well. :)

While I'm still married, I do have a wife that travels quite a bit. She's currently on her 8th week away from us this year. It's rough for us, but it also makes me appreciate her so much more when she is here. Fortunately, I haven't been traveling for work this year so it makes it easier for the boy. Thankfully, we use skype, and he can see her and talk to her, which makes her being away a lot easier on him, which in turn makes it easier on me.

Yikes. Skype is such a Godsend!