I play WOW

I actually cancelled my sub to that game because I couldn't handle how big it was. There was too much to do. Skill progression is in real time for god's sake. Weeks of my actual life in order to advance my character. In only one of dozens of skills. :lol:

I admire them for putting it all together, but sweet jesus.

It runs the life of someone I know :fly:

I haven't tried it for fear it'd be too much like my old Tradewars days and I'd be sucked in.

I did the free trial of WoW, the interface was terrible so I got bored after 30 minutes and quit.

I hated the RTS Warcraft games, I mean I liked them but I always sucked at them. I could never win without cheating. Although I never did play Warcraft 3, only 1 and 2.

Why? Because Eve is far more complex than the mind numbing simpleness of WoW. Seriously, most people who play WoW would not be able to handle the depth that Eve brings. Or the fact that it's skills based leveling versus experience based leveling. Not to mention other rudimentary skills that Eve requires that WoW cannot.

I've played both. WoW is mindless. Saying anything otherwise is a lie. And it's populated by some of the most immature people in the universe, amongst other addicts that dedicate far too much time to the stupid game.

Add that to the fact that it hasn't changed one bit since it's release. Sure, you have expansion, but overall, it's the same damn thing, with even less content per expansion. At least original wow had a huge world in which to level. Sure, you had levels 1-60, but it had lots to do.

Then comes BC - small amount of zones, 10 levels, the time synch of regular dungeons vs. heroic. And then raid content that isn't even released until BC is horribly dated. How long to release Black Temple and SUnwell Plateau?

And the first raid content in WoTLK? A rehash of prior OC content with Naxx. Seriously. I saw that, and quit. I was doing Naxx back after clearing BWL years back. And until Ulduar, that was all we had again, not including the stupid single boss encounters that were just Mag/Grulls rehashes. Lame lame lame.

WoW is a mindless time synch, and really does involve way to many hours, even if played casually.

I tried Eve for about 3 months, saw it could also become a huge time synch, and walked away. From a scope/scale perspective, it's far more large than WoW can conceive.

Why? Because Eve is far more complex than the mind numbing simpleness of WoW. Seriously, most people who play WoW would not be able to handle the depth that Eve brings. Or the fact that it's skills based leveling versus experience based leveling. Not to mention other rudimentary skills that Eve requires that WoW cannot.

I've played both. WoW is mindless. Saying anything otherwise is a lie. And it's populated by some of the most immature people in the universe, amongst other addicts that dedicate far too much time to the stupid game.

Add that to the fact that it hasn't changed one bit since it's release. Sure, you have expansion, but overall, it's the same damn thing, with even less content per expansion. At least original wow had a huge world in which to level. Sure, you had levels 1-60, but it had lots to do.

Then comes BC - small amount of zones, 10 levels, the time synch of regular dungeons vs. heroic. And then raid content that isn't even released until BC is horribly dated. How long to release Black Temple and SUnwell Plateau?

And the first raid content in WoTLK? A rehash of prior OC content with Naxx. Seriously. I saw that, and quit. I was doing Naxx back after clearing BWL years back. And until Ulduar, that was all we had again, not including the stupid single boss encounters that were just Mag/Grulls rehashes. Lame lame lame.

WoW is a mindless time synch, and really does involve way to many hours, even if played casually.

I tried Eve for about 3 months, saw it could also become a huge time synch, and walked away. From a scope/scale perspective, it's far more large than WoW can conceive.

There is such a thing as casual play, and playing in moderation. Nothing says you have to do the raids. I haven't raided since MC, because for the very reason you said time. Raiding is a time consuming process which I don't care for. Now I did enjoy Kara runs. But I never saw any of BT, or any of the BC raids and will most likely never see the WotLK raids.

However I do disagree that it's mindless, the strategies for the raids are far from mindless. What exactly in WoTLK is a rehash?

Last edited:
Isn't EVE a rather old game, I can't imagine it wouldn't run on a fairly weak system much like WoW.

I just fail to see that if EVE is so great, why they don't have more subscriptions. If it is so (easy and not a time sucker) why aren't people flocking to it, especially if its free.....

To download it it's free. To have an account requires a subscription.

Also they don't have the Blizzard marketing machine that's why.

Stupid noobie.

Naxxramas.

I don't even know how I can make it more clear.

lol it's not a friggin Rehash the whole raid is entirely different. lol and I'm the newbie. I'm sure they decided to move Nax over because by the time they released it pre-tbc hardly anyone had the chance to get into Nax because so many people were still doing BWL and AQ40.

I know on my server only 1 or 2 guilds on either side actually got into Nax and NONE of them ever cleared it. Then TBC hit and Nax was essentially worthless, so why not move it, rework it and give people the chance to do it again.

Last edited:
Not to mention in the next content patch they are about to release another 10 and 25 man raid, and they haven't even announced ICE CROWN CITADEL yet.

I have a son and a life. If I fall behind everyone else just because I can't play that week, it's pointless for me to try.

lol no it's not. Like I said I log in when I want and play when and for how long I want. I'm in a guild with 160 other people, all of various levels. You're on no time schedule to level. Enough people play WOW that you'll find people your level to quest and do instances with.

lol it's not a friggin Rehash the whole raid is entirely different. lol and I'm the newbie. I'm sure they decided to move Nax over because by the time they released it pre-tbc hardly anyone had the chance to get into Nax because so many people were still doing BWL and AQ40.

I know on my server only 1 or 2 guilds on either side actually got into Nax and NONE of them ever cleared it. Then TBC hit and Nax was essentially worthless, so why not move it, rework it and give people the chance to do it again.

You yourself claimed you never raided Naxx in OC, and haven't done a single WoTLK raid, and you make this stupid claim?

The encounters, the mobs, the layout, everything of Naxx 2.0 is the same as naxx 1.0 save tweaks on the encounters and levels of the mobs.

Really, you yourself say you haven't done any raiding save MC or Kara, so don't even act like you know WTF you're talking about.

'Oh, but I read on the websites'...

stfu

I used to play. I have a 70 rogue before Linch King came out. My friends have been begging me to come back and I might after I get a new job. Have you seen watchtheguild.com yet?