I play WOW

WoW has + 11 million players, how many does EVE have... 2k? WoW>*

WoW can run on virtually any computer. Minimal spec requirement. And it's so easy that even 6 year olds can master it, and they do. Those aspects of the game combine to produce ridiculous subscription numbers around the world. I think EVE has around 250,000 subscribers regularly.

But in terms of the SCOPE of the GAMES, EVE blows WoW out of the water. Hands down. It's an entire galaxy. You really have to experience it to understand. The first time I looked at the starmap in order to attempt to navigate I almost vomited. There were thousands of little dots, and each one of those was a completely separate solar system to explore.

WoW can run on virtually any computer. Minimal spec requirement. And it's so easy that even 6 year olds can master it, and they do. Those aspects of the game combine to produce ridiculous subscription numbers around the world. I think EVE has around 250,000 subscribers regularly.

But in terms of the SCOPE of the GAMES, EVE blows WoW out of the water. Hands down. It's an entire galaxy. You really have to experience it to understand. The first time I looked at the starmap in order to attempt to navigate I almost vomited. There were thousands of little dots, and each one of those was a completely separate solar system to explore.

And that was genius on the part of Blizzard, because now no MMO has even come close to putting a dent in WOWs numbers. It's a game ANYONE can pick up and play.

I know tons of women, and married couples that play WoW regularly. You don't see that on any other game.

And still the aspects of the end game stuff require a lot more then just mindless button pressing.

So who wants to try a free 10 day trial?

Well that's the part were self control comes into play. I only play when my wife is at work, or asleep (no kids).

Like I said it passes the time.

WoW has + 11 million players, how many does EVE have... 2k? WoW>*

The event follows the recent surge of accomplishments for CCP Games and EVE Online, which recently set the world PCU (Peak Concurrent Users) record at 22.020

But in terms of the SCOPE of the GAMES, EVE blows WoW out of the water. Hands down. It's an entire galaxy.

Not galaxy, universe. There's numerous galaxies you travel through.

I see dozens of WoW subs for sale on Craigslist all the time. Some for several thousand dollars. Upper tier raid gear and all. I can't even imagine how many thousands of hours worth of someone's life are represented by those accounts.

I just levelled up in Eve. How did you do the past 5 minutes? I'm not even playing the game.

There's a big difference between a time sucker (WoW) and Eve (allows you to casually play and stay on track)

I actually cancelled my sub to that game because I couldn't handle how big it was. There was too much to do. Skill progression is in real time for god's sake. Weeks of my actual life in order to advance my character. In only one of dozens of skills. :lol:

I admire them for putting it all together, but sweet jesus.

Isn't EVE a rather old game, I can't imagine it wouldn't run on a fairly weak system much like WoW.

I just fail to see that if EVE is so great, why they don't have more subscriptions. If it is so (easy and not a time sucker) why aren't people flocking to it, especially if its free.....

Stop talking about this Eve thing. Im ignoring this thread now.

You would love that game. I kid you not.

And then, after a while, you would hate what you've become.

And April's butthole would be covered in cobwebs.

And yours would too.

And you'd say "Honey, just a few hundred more veldspar until my container ship is full."

And you'd fire your mining lasers.

But it would be too late.

I just fail to see that if EVE is so great, why they don't have more subscriptions. If it is so (easy and not a time sucker) why aren't people flocking to it, especially if its free.....

It isn't easy. At all.

1. It has a Linuxy interface which most people hate. It is very unlike modern MMOs.
2. It takes weeks to train a single skill (in real time), as opposed to weeks to hit max level.
3. The graphics are insanely awesome. Kids like cartoons.