I need your help picking out a ring

Well if chim and I decide to move, mainly to canada. I have family up there and we could be closer to his family. I can qualify to move up there even without a work visa, and since he would be a spouse, he could move up, too.

I am glad I still have my citizenship, I could marry you, make you a canuck(in all ways:drool: ) lol and then give you back to chim

bwhahahaha

dbzeag, r u getting nervous?

Absolutely!!! We have just talked before, but I kinda want to start the gears in motion for all of this. Start signing his name as my beneficiary, share medical insurance, that sort of thing.

Absolutely!!! We have just talked before, but I kinda want to start the gears in motion for all of this. Start signing his name as my beneficiary, share medical insurance, that sort of thing.

when would all of this happen?

I am happy you could find someone to share your life with, that is the ultimate goal

I am happy you could find someone to share your life with, that is the ultimate goal

Yup. Just ask zengirl and flynavy, I think everyone knew we were going to be together from the first time we met.

They thought we were already married when we started dating :fly:

Yup. Just ask zengirl and flynavy, I think everyone knew we were going to be together from the first time we met.

I think we all knew before you two did :fly:

LOL

The only thing I have against the marriage itself is when people forcefully try to get married as a religious thing. I mean the religion itself doesnt approve of you so why in the hell would you want that? You know what I am saying or no?

I chose to believe in a higher power (God) but do not chose to be a part of a religion for many reasons like this.

LOL

The only thing I have against the marriage itself is when people forcefully try to get married as a religious thing. I mean the religion itself doesnt approve of you so why in the hell would you want that? You know what I am saying or no?

I chose to believe in a higher power (God) but do not chose to be a part of a religion for many reasons like this.

The only time I have seen religion itself force a marriage to work is to have sex with your partner. Other reasons (like arranged marriage) are more social/family motivated or more traditional, not for religious purposes.

The only time I have seen religion itself force a marriage to work is to have sex with your partner. Other reasons (like arranged marriage) are more social/family motivated or more traditional, not for religious purposes.

what I had meant is that Christianity/Catholic and most others dont approve of two males getting married and yet two males want to be married in such a way by such peoeple in such churches. It makes no sense to me.

what I had meant is that Christianity/Catholic and most others dont approve of two males getting married and yet two males want to be married in such a way by such peoeple in such churches. It makes no sense to me.

Who said we are getting married in a church? Who said it was going to be a religious ceremony? Who said it was a priest marrying us?

A gazebo in Niagara wine country with a city offical saying some words is about it. I love to go to Catholic weddings and such like that just to see the ritual of it. I love to see that. But since I can't have that nor do I want that, it doesn't bother me.

Who said we are getting married in a church? Who said it was going to be a religious ceremony? Who said it was a priest marrying us?

A gazebo in Niagara wine country with a city offical saying some words is about it. I love to go to Catholic weddings and such like that just to see the ritual of it. I love to see that. But since I can't have that nor do I want that, it doesn't bother me.

No No No

I wasnt talking about you two you goof ball. I was talking about the people who do want these things. I met a lesbian couple about 3 months ago that was really trying hard to get married as Catholics, makes no sense to me

No No No

I wasnt talking about you two you goof ball. I was talking about the people who do want these things. I met a lesbian couple about 3 months ago that was really trying hard to get married as Catholics, makes no sense to me

Ahh, I see. That makes more sense.

So you coming to the party?

hijack

I don't even get the option. We just heard back from SchmilK's family church and they won't go near our ceremony until I have had an annulment... which can cost around $5k and take two years to attain.

I love the idea of a civil ceremony, when I brought that idea to his parents they both almost started crying... so I conceeded to the church idea only to be met with the ultimate rejection.

This is why I hate religion.

/hijack

I was asking you what you felt about the gay people who try to get married by what seems like force(trying to get laws changed) so that they can be married by christians/priests ect. Just doesnt make sense to me

hijack

I don't even get the option. We just heard back from SchmilK's family church and they won't go near our ceremony until I have had an annulment... which can cost around $5k and take two years to attain.

I love the idea of a civil ceremony, when I brought that idea to his parents they both almost started crying... so I conceeded to the church idea only to be met with the ultimate rejection.

This is why I hate religion.

/hijack

Shouldn't it traditionally be the wife's church (or choice) as to where the ceremony is? I know that's what my sister said when she got married. Some of her inlaws left their county (county, not country) for the first time in there lives to attend the wedding in Cleveland (from PA).

I was asking you what you felt about the gay people who try to get married by what seems like force(trying to get laws changed) so that they can be married by christians/priests ect. Just doesnt make sense to me

I find most gays recognize the word marriage holds significant meaning to the church. It is a sacrament to Christians. It was just a convenient word to use when laws were made. All "marriage" laws should have been stated "civil union" laws.

The argument comes in to those couples that want the word. I don't agree and think the word should be kept to those people that are religious, but that a civil union (man-woman or man-man or whatever) should not be looked down any or have any less pull for benefits or laws. I know quite a few straight couples in civil unions and not marriage because they are not religious. In Ohio, they have the same amount of rights chim and I do, pretty much none.