I need your help picking out a ring

Shouldn't it traditionally be the wife's church (or choice) as to where the ceremony is? I know that's what my sister said when she got married. Some of her inlaws left their county (county, not country) for the first time in there lives to attend the wedding in Cleveland (from PA).

that's crazy talk. that's just because the bride usually gets what she wants, and the groom typically doesn't care nor hold any emotional attachment to something. ;)

seriously...the way it usually goes is who has the stronger faith, or any faith at all, or who doesn't care...but it's each person's choice.

hijack

I don't even get the option. We just heard back from SchmilK's family church and they won't go near our ceremony until I have had an annulment... which can cost around $5k and take two years to attain.

I love the idea of a civil ceremony, when I brought that idea to his parents they both almost started crying... so I conceeded to the church idea only to be met with the ultimate rejection.

This is why I hate religion.

/hijack
:(

Baltic128.gif

ahahahaha perfect.

:heart: tim & dave

Actually, it would probably be better unfurnished. Less stuff to break :fly: and more room for the beerpong table ;)

right now I could throw a party and y'all could destroy everything I own, I'd be out....15 bucks :fly:

seriously though I drove my little RC car around the apartment last night and my carpet is PERFECT for those things!

Titanium is cool and cheaper than platinum, but it can NEVER be resized. It scratches and cannot be polished easily. It also collects more dirt.

I love my wedding band. Simple platinum and almost 1/4" wide. It's also what is called a "comfort band". Basically, it is rounded on the inside so that the edge sits a little bit above the skin. Less pinching and what-not than the flat inside bands.

I'll take a pic of it when I get a chance.

http://uselessforums.com/imagehosting/260455c6c738d125.jpg[img]

Took them in a bit of haste, but I'm sure you get the idea. I can try to get better if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Yeah, that's what the ring would look like, only a bit thinner. The wedding band would be thicker, of course. Like I said, this would almost be a temporary placeholder; a promise of devotion.

So I got the engagement ring.

http://www.saltlakesilver.com/custitban8.html

4mm width. I had a 60% coupon as well, so it is $37 shipped. I will spend more on the wedding ring. This is more like a promise of marriage. Tim (chimney) and I didn't feel justified for spending big on an engagement ring.

I am thinking about taking him to Hyde Park to propose. What does everyone think?