I need your help picking out a ring

I find most gays recognize the word marriage holds significant meaning to the church. It is a sacrament to Christians. It was just a convenient word to use when laws were made. All "marriage" laws should have been stated "civil union" laws.

The argument comes in to those couples that want the word. I don't agree and think the word should be kept to those people that are religious, but that a civil union (man-woman or man-man or whatever) should not be looked down any or have any less pull for benefits or laws. I know quite a few straight couples in civil unions and not marriage because they are not religious. In Ohio, they have the same amount of rights chim and I do, pretty much none.

That sir, gives me more knowledge that I did not have, thx :cool:

Shouldn't it traditionally be the wife's church (or choice) as to where the ceremony is? I know that's what my sister said when she got married. Some of her inlaws left their county (county, not country) for the first time in there lives to attend the wedding in Cleveland (from PA).

I only wanted a civil ceremony from the get go but his parents were mortified at that idea so I thought I'd bend my belief for their consideration. I guess I should have listened to my parents and stuck to my guns about my beliefs and then I wouldn't be facing this rejection.

:lol: Nothing makes a person feel shittier about themselves than the Catholic Church.

It will be at zengirl's place :fly:

:lol: We haven't had a party in quite sometime. Flynavy moved out last week and we've moved a lot of things around, the place looks so different. It's like a grown up house now.

Hopefully by our wedding we'll have a real house in which to throw our post-reception afterparty.

Baltic128.gif