I need your help picking out a ring

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
I need your help picking out a ring (updated)

So I was going to ask chimney to marry me, but I need to find an engagement ring. Since this is completely not normal, I have no idea how or what to look for. Nothing gaudy, I was just going to go with a simple thin titanium band. It's all about the message and dedication anyway. The wedding ring he would have to help pick out because he is being kinda picky about it.

Girls, how would you go about asking a man to marry you? Do you have a ring as a token of the promise? How would you get one?

UPDATED: http://www.uselessforums.com/showpost.php?p=320787&postcount=96

Last edited:
Soooo, which one of you wears the ring with the big diamond exactly?

Neither. I don't wear rings as it is, so I would get something very simple. He doesn't like gaudy things, either, so I don't think either of us would get a ring with a stone in it. Maybe some engraving or something.

Do you have any idea how strange it would be for me to get married before you two? You better get on that.

*snaps fingers*

You can't go wrong with Tiffany

Do you have any idea how strange it would be for me to get married before you two? You better get on that.

*snaps fingers*

shens on you getting married :shifty:

Yeah yeah, I know. And I think we have the place we are going to get it done, too. We are definitely going to ahve a reception of sorts when we get back, though. All of UF is invited;)

I like that but definately get something meaningful engraved inside, something that only you 2 would understand, not just I lub you

Well this would be totally temporary. We would have proper rings for the marriage itself.

*snaps fingers*

Tiffany's has a great silver man's band in their latest catalogue.

I agree with the engraving on the simple band. It will just make it that much better.

Are you going to do a whole romantic proposal thing? What are your plans?

shens on you getting married :shifty:

Yeah yeah, I know. And I think we have the place we are going to get it done, too. We are definitely going to ahve a reception of sorts when we get back, though. All of UF is invited;)

I booked a reception last weekend... even gave the man a thousand dollars as a deposit.... it's so totally on.

Well, at least the party is on, SchmilK is still working on the church :fly:

I booked a reception last weekend... even gave the man a thousand dollars as a deposit.... it's so totally on.

Well, at least the party is on, SchmilK is still working on the church :fly:

Do you have the food, cake, photographer, DJ, flowers, dress, rings, tuxes, transportation yet?

Tiffany's has a great silver man's band in their latest catalogue.

I agree with the engraving on the simple band. It will just make it that much better.

Are you going to do a whole romantic proposal thing? What are your plans?

I haven't figured that out yet. I might take him for a weekend to Niagara wine country (because we love that area) and spend the night at a bed and breakfast. Perhaps go to a nice dress up dinner (we like doing that, too) in the area and proposing there.

can you get married?

There are 5 countries where I can get married, only one of them I don't have to be a resident to get the papers, and that's Canada. I would have a real and valid marriage license that can be ported to any of those 5 countries or in Mass.

Chim and I are not religious, but we would like to have a public record of our devotion to each other.