i need some luuuv.

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
i stayed up for two hours last night looking for a class shirt for spangelet for a class pic today...couldn't find it. i win biggest loser mother of the year award. my house is a disaster, i'm so tired i could sleep for five days straight, the baby woke up with wet jammies, and i broke a glass this morning before i even have gotten to my coffee. i'm feeling sorry for myself and had to whine and complain.
feel free to join in on the whining or better yet, be having a good day and tell me about it so it'll rub off on me and i'll be shiny happy again in no time.

i stayed up for two hours last night looking for a class shirt for spangelet for a class pic today...couldn't find it. i win biggest loser mother of the year award. my house is a disaster, i'm so tired i could sleep for five days straight, the baby woke up with wet jammies, and i broke a glass this morning before i even have gotten to my coffee. i'm feeling sorry for myself and had to whine and complain.
feel free to join in on the whining or better yet, be having a good day and tell me about it so it'll rub off on me and i'll be shiny happy again in no time.

no no no I love Thorny!

Please don't take this lightly...

From what little I've seen, you and spange are seriously some of the best parents I know. Likely THEE best, but I don't have enough data points on you.

it could always be worse. seriously.

i recently read an article in the newspaper about the power of thankfulness. literally does something to your brain.

real quick, stop and jot a list of 10 things that you are truly thankful for.

i have severe bouts of feeling overwhelmed. so I feel ya.

head up. :)

Please don't take this lightly...

From what little I've seen, you and spange are seriously some of the best parents I know. Likely THEE best, but I don't have enough data points on you.

:eek: :heart: that is one of the best compliments i've ever heard. :heart: thank you.
we try our very best and i'm so proud and honored to be a mom...but i'm far from being the mom i dream of being. but thank you for making me realize that a shirt (or not) in a class pic can't determine if i'm a good mom or not. she'll be disappointed in me a million other times i'm sure. :fly: i just won't hang this picture on the wall.

i was really hoping this thread would have some I'MHAVINGAGOODDAY vibes to it so i can pick them up and run with the day!!

I'm having a pretty good day, if that's what you wanna hear. I'm going to finish work early and buy myself a nice skirt. I'm looking forward to not working tomorrow, I'm gonna get up early tomorrow and play playstation before I see my mum for grocery shopping. Having a nice and relaxing day is just what I need.

it could always be worse. seriously.

i recently read an article in the newspaper about the power of thankfulness. literally does something to your brain.

real quick, stop and jot a list of 10 things that you are truly thankful for.

i have severe bouts of feeling overwhelmed. so I feel ya.

head up. :)

i try not to let a day go by where i'm not thankful for something. i DO get overwhelmed, quite frequently, but i also try to remember that one day, my kids will be teenagers, and it will really be HARD, and i'll look back and laugh at myself for thinking i have problems now because my kids need to eat and say my name a BILLION times a day and never stop and need me all the time. one day they won't need me for much and i'll be begging them to talk to me, and i really don't want to wish these baby days away. well, maybe just today.
shalimar, i completely admire you for working as hard as you do, and for having so much going on in your life, and you never complain!! you work your ass off, you don't get paid what you should, simply because you're a teacher, and you have a new baby and a wife and the nightlife that's got to be exhausting...and you never complain. i really admire that. :heart:

Parenting is hard. I was just talking to a co-worker and found out my son has a half day today so my wife and I had to start calling anyone we could think of to make sure someone picked him up.

You love them but no one ever can annoy you like your own kid. I could put my son in a room with a boulder and he can turn that rock into the most annoying rock ever made.

:lol: some days i have to remind myself that at least she can talk which is why she constantly talks and she's smart, which is why i need to answer the five thousand questions and not get impatient, and she's got common sense, so it's GOOD that she challenges...but dammitall if it's so. freaking. hard. to. stay. patient.

i try not to let a day go by where i'm not thankful for something. i DO get overwhelmed, quite frequently, but i also try to remember that one day, my kids will be teenagers, and it will really be HARD, and i'll look back and laugh at myself for thinking i have problems now because my kids need to eat and say my name a BILLION times a day and never stop and need me all the time. one day they won't need me for much and i'll be begging them to talk to me, and i really don't want to wish these baby days away. well, maybe just today.
shalimar, i completely admire you for working as hard as you do, and for having so much going on in your life, and you never complain!! you work your ass off, you don't get paid what you should, simply because you're a teacher, and you have a new baby and a wife and the nightlife that's got to be exhausting...and you never complain. i really admire that. :heart:

aww.. thanks. :heart:

my eyes welled up.. combination of emotion and sleep deprivation :lol:

I'm having a pretty good day, if that's what you wanna hear. I'm going to finish work early and buy myself a nice skirt. I'm looking forward to not working tomorrow, I'm gonna get up early tomorrow and play playstation before I see my mum for grocery shopping. Having a nice and relaxing day is just what I need.

:heart: yes! come take me shopping...my closet is bare now that i've found my hip bones and i need someone with a fashion sense to help me. :D

have a good, relaxing day tomorrow!!

:lol: some days i have to remind myself that at least she can talk which is why she constantly talks and she's smart, which is why i need to answer the five thousand questions and not get impatient, and she's got common sense, so it's GOOD that she challenges...but dammitall if it's so. freaking. hard. to. stay. patient.

asking questions is good. inquiry based learning is all the rage..

the questions you can reply "I don't know, what do you think?" to, you should. or have her go find the answers.. serious talk.

aww.. thanks. :heart:

my eyes welled up.. combination of emotion and sleep deprivation :lol:

:heart:

i think i'm going to use this and blame it on this mush crap going on inside me today...i'm tired, and OH! i can totally play the pms card!! i haven't pulled that one out in years! thanks for the reminder!! :fly:

I miss him not being able to talk. He never ever ever stops now. Which he has been getting in trouble about at school too much lately. I love playing with him but I so enjoy the quiet whenever everyone falls asleep at my house.

:eek: :heart: that is one of the best compliments i've ever heard. :heart: thank you.
we try our very best and i'm so proud and honored to be a mom...but i'm far from being the mom i dream of being. but thank you for making me realize that a shirt (or not) in a class pic can't determine if i'm a good mom or not. she'll be disappointed in me a million other times i'm sure. :fly: i just won't hang this picture on the wall.

i was really hoping this thread would have some I'MHAVINGAGOODDAY vibes to it so i can pick them up and run with the day!!

Spange is her dad, she wallows in disappointment. :fly: