I have an addiction. I need help.

Galen said:
and there was me thinking a nurse had a clue about muscle tissue present in the legs, wings and neck which is all brown in colour due to the high capillary count.

Coqui said:
Chicken breast is white meat. All other Chicken is not.

Did you guys not see the :fly: ?

It was a joke. :tard:

Growing up fried chicken was one of the meals I had to sit at the table all night for. My parents would make me sit there until bedtime because I couldn't eat the brown and red meat close to the bone.

Bubbles said:
Did you guys not see the :fly: ?

It was a joke. :tard:

Growing up fried chicken was one of the meals I had to sit at the table all night for. My parents would make me sit there until bedtime because I couldn't eat the brown and red meat close to the bone.

I don't blame you, fried chicken on the bone is disgusting. I even have minor issues with wings, so i'm picky about eating them too.

eileenbunny said:
I don't blame you, fried chicken on the bone is disgusting. I even have minor issues with wings, so i'm picky about eating them too.

that's why when i eat wings, i dont eat anymore after i get thru the skin...one bite from this side, one from that and toss it . yes, weird, i know.

thrawn said:
that's why when i eat wings, i dont eat anymore after i get thru the skin...one bite from this side, one from that and toss it . yes, weird, i know.

:eek: this is me, too!! i can't STAND to watch the ones who put the whole damn thing in their mouths and suck the bone clean. :barf:

djduquet said:
Join me! Screw chicken.

see, i like the taste of meat. dishes with meat. but if i think about what it actually is, i get a little sick. i was watching something on mad cow disease the other night, and seeing the treatment of the cow carcass made me sick. if i think too much , i can't eat meat, even though i believe some creatures are specifically grown for food. still. *shudders*

Thorn Bird said:
see, i like the taste of meat. dishes with meat. but if i think about what it actually is, i get a little sick. i was watching something on mad cow disease the other night, and seeing the treatment of the cow carcass made me sick. if i think too much , i can't eat meat, even though i believe some creatures are specifically grown for food. still. *shudders*

we've got a woman with mad cow disease on my unit....scary thing to see.

gah... too many picky eaters. Sometimes I'll get fried chicken just to remind myself that I'm eating an animal. Then I use the bones as utensils to eat the mashed potatos and cole slaw.

itburnswhenipee said:
gah... too many picky eaters. Sometimes I'll get fried chicken just to remind myself that I'm eating an animal. Then I use the bones as utensils to eat the mashed potatos and cole slaw.

Agreed. The only reason I prefer dark chicken or turkey meat over the white meat is because most people cook out all of the moisture of the white meat. I love to have my beef to be bloody. :drool: