I have an addiction. I need help.

we should have another questionnaire thingy for members so these newbies and whatnots will know who the hell we are.

Thorn Bird said:
we should have another questionnaire thingy for members so these newbies and whatnots will know who the hell we are.
Didn't we just have one a few months ago where some flash had little flags for where we are? That was cool. I'll do it again.

djduquet said:
Didn't we just have one a few months ago where some flash had little flags for where we are? That was cool. I'll do it again.

nonononononono. that's not what i mean. i mean a descriptive Q&A about ourselves.

Thorn Bird said:
so how did y'all end up at genmay then? and how did you start looking for a message board anyway? i'm on one from a book and this one from my husband. are forums and messageboards very common?

I found genmay being a long story. Messageboards are cooler than chat rooms thats for sure.

BeeRad said:
Not really a newb and I am not in Canada but I didnt know fuxx was from can can...

I was born there which is why I asked

i know you're not a newb. that's why you fall under the "whatnot" category. :lol:

Thorn Bird said:
so how did y'all end up at genmay then? and how did you start looking for a message board anyway? i'm on one from a book and this one from my husband. are forums and messageboards very common?

Tons of us were on Hardocp's forum. It's a tech based site. The forum had a really fun subforum named Genmay. Kyle the forum owner got tired of the huge bandwidth Genmay used and the posts on there so he got rid of that subforum. Just about the next day some of the people from the other forum started Genmay so all the regulars at the old Genmay had somewhere to go. Lot of us posted there for a while until it grew out of control, moderators stopped doing their jobs, tons of cliques and politics, and then it started filling up with spammer kids.

So several of the day krew regulars made this new safe haven. That's one reason there is a proving ground setup is to prevent the same fate from happening here.

Thorn Bird said:
Typed the wrong server addy in mIRC and ended up on their chat server. I didnt actually post on the message board until after I was banned from AR15.com. Only kept posting because someone I knew was on it, who coincedentally made me start posting here. The two major schisms in genmay all happened on the two times I was away. :lol:

Message boards are all over but there are only 4-5 large ones like genmay.

Last edited:
Thorn Bird said:

found drunken forums browsing at the old genmay and registered at the new genmay when someone at adf mentioned that it just opened

FlamingGlory said:
Typed the wrong server addy in mIRC and ended up on their chat server. I didnt actually post on the message board until after I was banned from AR15.com. Only kept posting because someone I knew was on it, who coincedentally made me start posting here. The two major schisms in genmay all happened on the two times I was away. :lol:

Message boards are all over but there are only 4-5 large ones like genmay.

What did you do to get banned from AR15?

I'm all for the questionare thing, what if there were just a whole bunch of custom fields in your user profile... age, gender, ethnicity, backstory, music, <myspace>who I'd like to meet</myspace>, etc.

mattcohn.com said:
I'm all for the questionare thing, what if there were just a whole bunch of custom fields in your user profile... age, gender, ethnicity, backstory, music, <myspace>who I'd like to meet</myspace>, etc.

because everyone uses these as it is?

I was on OcUK Forums from I was about 13. I think I got banned after saying "asshole" in a post. After that I went to HardOCP and then onto Gen[M]ay. I came here through a link posted on Gen[M]ay.