I am a contagious nafka

Ew! You can suffer nerve damage from shingles which takes many months to recover from... don't scratch!!! :eek:

:heart:

Bubbles that sucks about your hand herpes, but I have good news;

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO. :fly:

Bubbles said:
Yep, the doctor told me that too. They've got me on an anti-viral just for that reason.
We treat old people who have suffered from shingles, it's not a nice thing. The sores go away but your nerves stay on fire for months and months afterwards.

I can hug you, I've had da pox

Bubbles said:
And the burning is pretty intense. :(
:(

:hug:

Are you taking Tylenol or Advil or anything? That'll help. If you're on something like Valtrex or Zovirax then that'll really help it clear up FAST. I take that stuff for fever blisters (which is basically herpes, same thing) and they clear up in about a week, with the sores totally healed within 2, rather than the standard 6.

zengirl said:

Are you taking Tylenol or Advil or anything? That'll help. If you're on something like Valtrex or Zovirax then that'll really help it clear up FAST. I take that stuff for fever blisters (which is basically herpes, same thing) and they clear up in about a week, with the sores totally healed within 2, rather than the standard 6.
I would think something like Solarcane would be the win.

zengirl said:

Valtrex and Vicodan :drool:

theacoustician said:
I would think something like Solarcane would be the win.
The thing is that the pain isn't topical, it's actually the nerve. The virus actually starts at the nerve and travels along it to the surface where it breaks out in blisters. The blisters themselves are irritations enough, but the bulk of the pain actually comes from the effected nerve.

zengirl said:
The thing is that the pain isn't topical, it's actually the nerve. The virus actually starts at the nerve and travels along it to the surface where it breaks out in blisters. The blisters themselves are irritations enough, but the bulk of the pain actually comes from the effected nerve.
But wouldn't the lidocane dull out the nerve so it can't be felt (as much)

Bubbles said:
Valtrex and Vicodan :drool:
That'll do it

:fly:

Although I found that Vicoden never did much for me for pain, it just made me really dizzy. I would end up taking 600-800mg of Advil for pain relief and that tended to work better than the Vicoden.