May 24, 2005
i cannot divulge this informatin
Marklar
₥0
The Good News:

I have tomorrow off :happy:

The Bad News:

I only have tomorrow off because I'm contagious. :(

Tuesday night I woke up in the middle of the night because my left wrist was burning. I went to the bathroom and put some cortizone on a little red patch of skin and went back to bed. When I got up for work Wednesday morning the little patch was a big patch. More cortizone and off to work I went. Throughout the day it got worse and worse until finally the big patch became many little blisters on the surface of my skin. I applied more cortizone. I did not sleep well Wednesday night, and called my doctor Thursday morning. By Thursday afternoon I had a diagnosis and was at CVS filling a perscription for an anti-viral medication and some pain killers. I have shingles........ADULT CHICKEN POX!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahah.....:tard:

omg...i'm sorry!! unfortunately, spangelet will never have chicken pox because there's a VACCINE AGAINST IT NOW. :mad:

DON'T SCRATCH. stay doped up to where you itch so bad you just laugh about it.

any word on how long you'll have it? i'm sorry!!:(

Thorn Bird said:
omg...i'm sorry!! unfortunately, spangelet will never have chicken pox because there's a VACCINE AGAINST IT NOW. :mad:

DON'T SCRATCH. stay doped up to where you itch so bad you just laugh about it.

any word on how long you'll have it? i'm sorry!!:(

72 hrs before I can join the general public again. And no telling how long the pox will last after the contagin is gone. :(

Shingles isn't contagous unless someone in your office has never had chicken pox before or isn't vaccinated against it. Not really likely.

Fake Edit : Another name for Shingles is Herpes Zoster. Herpes, LOL!

theacoustician said:
Shingles isn't contagous unless someone in your office has never had chicken pox before or isn't vaccinated against it. Not really likely.

Yeah, go in and wipe all your juice on their staplers. Trim the weak.

Did you have the Chicken pox as a kid?
I just got Tre' the shot because he never had pox. They wouldn't let him in school until he got the shot.

gottoys? said:
I just got Tre' the shot because he never had pox. They wouldn't let him in school until he got the shot.
In theory, you only get them once. So my guess is that she never has had them. :p

fly said:
In theory, you only get them once. So my guess is that she never has had them. :p
In theory, Shingles is your immune system slacking off and letting the dormant chicken pox virus you caught the first time reincarnate itself. IN THEORY.

please post pics of the red spots on your naked boobs, strictly for medical research documentation purposes

theacoustician said:

Our accountant is in her 70's and she hasn't had them. According to my doctor, even the exposure she's had to me earlier this week could give them to her and at her age the pox could be extremely bad. Doctor's and boss' orders to stay away until completely cleared up.

And yes, I know the other name for Shingles............gross. :fly:

gottoys? said:

I got them when I was 15. My brother was 5 and he brought them home from kindergarten on the last week of school. I had chicken pox for three weeks in the middle of summer vacation. :(

My doctor says that because of my age when I got them the first time, the pox didn't really run their course. She said they lie dormant in the body and that's why you only get it once, but if the illness didn't complete it's cycle, they can be brought on at any time by varying factors.........number one apparently being stress. Strange since I can't remember the last time I was so happy with my life.

Bubbles said:
I got them when I was 15. My brother was 5 and he brought them home from kindergarten on the last week of school. I had chicken pox for three weeks in the middle of summer vacation. :(

My doctor says that because of my age when I got them the first time, the pox didn't really run their course. She said they lie dormant in the body and that's why you only get it once, but if the illness didn't complete it's cycle, they can be brought on at any time by varying factors.........number one apparently being stress. Strange since I can't remember the last time I was so happy with my life.
I would guess its anything that would lower your immune system. Stress, not eating right, not getting enough sleep ... those can all do that.

theacoustician said:
In theory, Shingles is your immune system slacking off and letting the dormant chicken pox virus you caught the first time reincarnate itself. IN THEORY.
If you've had them previously. :p iirc, you can have shingles and never have had c. pox.