Baby How To Rase Kids Part I

I'm sure it's a great tool.
I learned math between 1970 and 1984.
Learning a new system of learning is hard.
I don't think in the manner which this curriculum wants me to.
It takes soMe switching of thought but my boys caught on fairly well and are good at breaking things apart to quickly do problems based on 10s. With that said some of the explain how gets tedious. Since we're at home I just have them verbally explain it to me as if I didn't know how.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
This is what I've gotten from this thread so far:

NOTHING MUST CHANGE, EVER! CHANGE IS BAAAD!!

NO CHILD SHOULD EVER QUESTION AUTHORITY! HOW FUCKING DARE THEY?! WHEN THE FÜHRER SAYS "JUMP", YOU SAY "HOW HIGH"!!

HAVING TO BEAT CHILDREN INTO SUBMISSION IS PURE WIN, AND IS IN NO WAY A REFLECTION OF YOUR SHITTY PARENTING-SKILLS!!

BHGRRALLLBRRGHHHLLLL!!!

Amirite?

Last edited:
Inorite?
9+7=16.
We memorized tables.
As long as my kids learn it's all good.
But maybe they should send pamphlets home for the parents to cliff this hippy shit.

you memorized tables (and so did i) up to maybe 12.

This teaches how to do any number.

you memorized tables (and so did i) up to maybe 12.

This teaches how to do any number.
Yep. My 8 year old can easily break apart something times 24 in his head. That was never even encouraged when I was in school yet now he's got multiple mental math lessons that work on the skill.

Yep. My 8 year old can easily break apart something times 24 in his head. That was never even encouraged when I was in school yet now he's got multiple mental math lessons that work on the skill.
That is what they taught us back in the late 80s and early 90s.

I was in school in the 80's/90's, and I have no fucking idea what we where doing back then.
Probably because I wasn't beaten severely enough, which turned me into a little shitpunk.

And look at me now. Unemployed and drunk. Fuq dis.
The adoption papers are in the mail.
Sign in triplicate, initial twice.
You'll have to live in the gazebo with Mac.
I'm assuming one of you will die shortly from alcohol poisoning, at which point we feed you to the cats.

I'm assuming one of you will die shortly from alcohol poisoning, at which point we feed you to the cats.

So if someone drinks enough would it be possible to refine usable alcohol from their blood?

What happens if one of us dies, and the other eats him and gets drunk.

Woah mind fuck man, mind fuck...

• Gravy
Reactions: Lambie and nukes
You also had to do two's complement for subtraction and correct IEEE-754 rounding errors, so I don't think your experiences are particularly valid.

pffft, my math coprocessor took care of all that.

I just learned factoring of large primes all day erry day.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
This is what I've gotten from this thread so far:

NOTHING MUST CHANGE, EVER! CHANGE IS BAAAD!!

NO CHILD SHOULD EVER QUESTION AUTHORITY! HOW FUCKING DARE THEY?! WHEN THE FÜHRER SAYS "JUMP", YOU SAY "HOW HIGH"!!

HAVING TO BEAT CHILDREN INTO SUBMISSION IS PURE WIN, AND IS IN NO WAY A REFLECTION OF YOUR SHITTY PARENTING-SKILLS!!

BHGRRALLLBRRGHHHLLLL!!!

Amirite?

Aren't you the one who argued that you should let the crooked driver take controls of the bus & allow the status quo to continue?

Aren't you the one who argued that you should let the crooked driver take controls of the bus & allow the status quo to continue?

Given the choice between a crooked driver and a coked-up retarded driver? Sure.

And I never claimed that change is always a good thing, baby. :heart:

Hitler and Pol Pot changed things, but it wasn't really for the better.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes