How often did you all change majors in college?[What did you do when you turned 21?!]

I didn't change majors, I added another major in my 2nd year.
Went from History to History/Communications.

I have about a year and a half left to do, the problem is, I've heard that a lot of US colleges won't accept many canadian credits.. so I could potentially be screwed.

I've started thinking about doing a 2 years associates degree or something, I'm not really sure. I've been looking into a few dental assitant programs as well as pharmaseutical courses. Problem with both, I geared all my high school courses around my art degree, that I only took the sciences that I needed to graduate. So I'm thinking I would have to go back and do a few more HS level science/math courses before getting into one of the programs.

I really have no idea.

I disklike those people that know what they want to be when they grow up. Then go to college for that same dream and graduate with a doctorate and live the rest of their life doing that same thing.

How flipping boring is that?

April23 said:
I disklike those people that know what they want to be when they grow up. Then go to college for that same dream and graduate with a doctorate and live the rest of their life doing that same thing.

Skinning hookers may be boring to you, but if it fulfills Chikken in some small way then it's worth it. It doesn't matter if you agree with it.

April23 said:

I kinda had that idea but the college part was not as important...well, it is. I've always known what I wanted to be when I grew up (lol fighter pilot..every 11 year old goes through that phase, I just never got out of it :fly: ); the degree is important but it wouldn't have mattered what degree I got. I used to have that attitude of "I'll go to college for the sake of learning something, I don't care about getting a degree for the sake of a job." and to be honest I still do. I like learning, I like being good at something that interests me. But lately I've kinda thought about the other possible dream careers that I'd thought about as a kid and thus getting a specific degree is kind of necessary. If I make it as a pilot an aeronautical engineering or applied mathematics degree would suit me best. But then again I used to want to be an FBI profiler and thus a criminal psych degree would work better and it'd be even better to have a linguistics degree (Persian/Arabic/Farsi concentration) to go along with it. Then again I also wanted to be an air traffic controller (the math degree would apply well there) or a terminal ballistics analyst (I'm guessing USMC scout/sniper training would do me better than any degree :o).

Or I could just work for this company for the rest of my life, spend the rest of my days in Chicago...:confused:

edit: I did nothing on my 21st birthday; bought a bottle of wine at Trader Joe's and the dude didn't even card me...

I went to community college for computer networking right after high school. I graduated with my associate's and CCNA, CCNP, and MSCE for Win2k in 5 semesters. (edit: I forgot A+ and N+, not that they matter anyway) I worked for a year and decided that I hated my job. I then went back to DeVry (worst decision ever) and got 2 bachelor's degrees - computer and electrical engineering. (all classes except 4 were the same, so I took the extra classes to get 2 degrees) They were practically worthless, but I guess they're nice to have. I eventually decided that I'd follow my dream and do whatever it takes to venture into the motorsports world. I'm currently at Purdue working on my mechanical engineering degree, which is also a bachelor's degree since degrees from DeVry are not recognized by the real world.

The sad part? I've worked at the same company for 6 years, doing the same job I disliked enough that motivated me to go back to school for something else. The only good that's come of this is that since I've gone for all undergrad degrees my work is picking up the tab. I'm sure they love me by now.

I just want to be done with school, I'm so tired of going.

edit: I got annhillated drunk on my 21st birthday. I was drunk for most of the next day and puked 4 times total - 1 after I'd woken up the next day.

Last edited:
I'm right there with you grace. Turn 21 here soon enough and have no idea what to do. As long as it's not another shitty birtday, which I'm sure it will be.

About major? Well, I choose history and am still with it. However, my minor changes as often as the weather in Michigan jumps about. My father's fav. joke is saying that he still doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up. He's 45. Just do what you like now, get a good soild foundation education wise, and you can always return at a later date to study and change your path in another direction as you see fit.

'Tis all I've to say.

College, that's where you pick up girls for parties right?

I have no formal education (homeschooled). I also dont have a job :lol: Im also not 21 though they never card people around here.

Get your NJ FOID and buy a HANDGUN! :D

I changed mine 3 times. well, sorta. I didn't really get started with the first major. I was in computer engineering and I decided to not do that anymore. Then I went towards graphic design. I tried to transfer to Auburn, but those fuckers changed the rules too often. I then transfered to GSU (GA State).. long story short, I got a Bachellor's of Art degree. woo woo.. only 9 years.

Last edited:
*Fuxx Burger* said:
Well this thread is giving me hope... at least I'm not the only one out there :lol:

No, I can assure you there are at least a billion other people out there.

For sure.