How often did you all change majors in college?[What did you do when you turned 21?!]

strawberry love

Sex sent me to the ER
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥2,672
So, my college is weird, and incoming freshman are asked to declare a major upon entering. Not surprisingly, I ended up changing my major by my sophmore year...although I've changed my mind about what I wanted to do with my future a handful of times.

How often did you all change majors, or career goals in college?

I feel weird that I changed my mind so much. :eek:

In other news, Im turning 21 soon. weeeee! what should i do? :p

Changed my major only once. But it was prior to entering college. I stuck with CIS from the beginning. I know people that have changed 4-5 times though.

I changed my major from Electrical Engineering to my minor which with Computer Science my Junior year. I was a dumbass. I should have changed a year earlier.

I started out as an English major.

Then changed to a Psych major.

Back to an English major.

Then a dual major.

And finally graduated an English major, and yes I know my grammar sucks.

Went to college out of high school
Dropped out, declared undecided

Went back last year thinking I wanted to do Marketing
Dropped out

Going back this fall for Accounting
Wanna make bets on me dropping out again?

I change my mind all the time, would love to major in something like photography... but that isn't going to pay my way through life. :(

April23 said:

Dropped out

I change my mind all the time, would love to major in something like photography... but that isn't going to pay my way through life. :(

what are you doing now, since you're not in school?

April23 said:

Dropped out

We can take a photography class for fun :)

I started with English/Creative Writing, but didn't want to be a professor or teacher. I changed that one early on to CIS, then switched mid-way through to Telecommunications Management. After finally wrapping that degree and working as a t-com engineer for a couple of years I went back to school for my law degree, which is what I currently use.

April23 said:

Dropped out

how incorrect you are, madam. you want it bad enough, you make it work. course, much of the photo money is in kids. you'd have to shoot kids. are you ok with that?? ;)
but seriously...private photographers rape you up in these parts. i'm sure it takes a good while to get established, but surely you could do photography for a living. especially as good as you are. :heart:

I was engaged to a stripper, partying hardcore 24/7, and ingesting enough drugs to kill a decent 80s hair band. I was about 3 days from cracking and killing a large number of people due to the fact I had just about stopped sleeping, the stripper was cheating on me, I was messing around with a few other girls, never went to class or did any school work, and doing a lot of contract computer work. One day I had enough and called my parents and begged to crash at their house for a few weeks so I could figure everything out. I said fuck you to anyone I knew, told the college I quit, told the stripper to go to hell, and packed all my crap up and went to my parents house in the middle of the night. Once there I slept for a week. I figured I would leave town in a week or two once I had an idea of what to do next.

I went to a job interview just to practice doing interviews and acting like a semi-normal person again. They offered me the job and I turned it down at first then decided to work there a little while to get some cash to escape again. I still work there 7 years later. About the sametime I started the job I went to a rave that got raid by the cops and met a girl that I am now married to and have a son with.

If that story is not a good reason not to do drugs then I don't know what is.

Never went to college.
Well, not a real college anyways. I spent some time in commercal art school, which was a joke, because at the time (early 90s) they basically refused to acknowlege the existance of computers, and they were more interested in making us take marketing classes than teaching us drawing skills. So I quit.

b_sinning said:
I was engaged to a stripper, partying hardcore 24/7, and ingesting enough drugs to kill a decent 80s hair band. I was about 3 days from cracking and killing a large number of people due to the fact I had just about stopped sleeping, the stripper was cheating on me, I was messing around with a few other girls, never went to class or did any school work, and doing a lot of contract computer work. One day I had enough and called my parents and begged to crash at their house for a few weeks so I could figure everything out. I said fuck you to anyone I knew, told the college I quit, told the stripper to go to hell, and packed all my crap up and went to my parents house in the middle of the night. Once there I slept for a week. I figured I would leave town in a week or two once I had an idea of what to do next.

I went to a job interview just to practice doing interviews and acting like a semi-normal person again. They offered me the job and I turned it down at first then decided to work there a little while to get some cash to escape again. I still work there 7 years later. About the sametime I started the job I went to a rave that got raid by the cops and met a girl that I am now married to and have a son with.

If that story is not a good reason not to do drugs then I don't know what is.

whoa :eek: