How often did you all change majors in college?[What did you do when you turned 21?!]

I dropped out when I was 24 after dropping out when I was 19...college was FAR FAR behind the curve in IT back then so it didn't make sense to stay since that's what I wanted to do

I have 10 zillion credits and would just have to serve the mandatory minimum at some place to graduate

Drool-boy my art college hired an outside firm to figure out why we've been so successful and build plans to maximize that success. The people in charge obviously have too much money if they hire people to do crap like that.

The main reason they've found out is that the school embraces new technology. We are constantly upgrading and using the latest techologies. That makes students want to go here, helps prevent employees from feeling stagnat in their jobs, and people want to hire our graduates to help bring new ideas to their companies. It's very expensive to do but it just seems to work well for us.

Went to college right after high school.
Physical Therapy as the major/ biology as the minor. Changed major to Occupational Therapy. Spent a semester cutting up a cat and decided not to be an Occupational Therapist either.
Ended up with a degree in Elementary Education (Technically they call it Interdisciplinary Studies... sounds like a general studies degree.) with a minor in English.

Taught for four years and went back to school. My master's degree is in instructional technology.

I'm about ready to go back and get another master's to be an educational diagnostician.

b_sinning said:
Drool-boy my art college hired an outside firm to figure out why we've been so successful and build plans to maximize that success. The people in charge obviously have too much money if they hire people to do crap like that.

The main reason they've found out is that the school embraces new technology. We are constantly upgrading and using the latest techologies. That makes students want to go here, helps prevent employees from feeling stagnat in their jobs, and people want to hire our graduates to help bring new ideas to their companies. It's very expensive to do but it just seems to work well for us.

Well , if I could go without a job for a while Id move to savanna and go there:p
whats it called? SCAT? Savanna College of Art Teaching or something?

Drool-Boy said:
Well , if I could go without a job for a while Id move to savanna and go there:p
:lol:

Some people who go there look/smell like they were involved in some SCAT...but I guess I just dont understand what artistic really is.

I went from Highschool right into Comp Sci in college. Changed at the end of my Sophomore year to MIS and Minored in Comp Sci.

Drool-Boy said:

I'll be your sugar mama! :heart:

SCAD

Savannah College of Art & Design

We now have campuses open in Atlanta and France. We are beginning planning for campuses on the west coast and somewhere in Asia. If we open a caribbean campus I'm so transfering.

Scat is poop.

Thorn Bird said:
how incorrect you are, madam. you want it bad enough, you make it work. course, much of the photo money is in kids. you'd have to shoot kids. are you ok with that?? ;)
but seriously...private photographers rape you up in these parts. i'm sure it takes a good while to get established, but surely you could do photography for a living. especially as good as you are. :heart:

There is better money out there than shooting kids. I'd love to be published in some huge magazine. Yet I'd never ever never ever would shoot portraits ... people are just too damn picky about their own pictures and don't see the art in them.

Thank you :heart: :love:

i started at 18 in physical therapy. i changed VERY quickly once i got a taste of the awesome college life and realized i didn't want to spend my college career in a book.
i majored in communications with a stress in print journalism. graduated five years ago, and the best thing that degree's done for me thus far is look pretty in a frame. :D ;)