How far would you go to lose weight?

SchmilK said:
Here's my goal.

gregvalentino.jpg

Except my bicep isn't going to pop.

http://www.greggvalentino.net/

Watched a show last night about this guy and was ready to puke...

Doesn't he inject himself with palm oil or something in order to get that *koff* look?

SchmilK said:
skrew lifting..that's the effects of ALOT fo steroids...and well yeah some lifting
Who are you replying to here...? Your post showed up when I was replying to Coqui... :confused:

FlamingGlory said:
I get puking sick on just about anything that is too greasy or sweet. Also lift compulsively, but I suck at the aerobic conditioning.

FlamingGlory said:
Who are you replying to here...? Your post showed up when I was replying to Coqui... :confused:
:lol: I don't think he was replying to anyone, just making a comment in general.

He does that sometimes

:fly:

itburnswhenipee said:
Doesn't he inject himself with palm oil or something in order to get that *koff* look?
According to the show we watched last night, he was a big time steroid user. He would use dirty needles as well and ended up with a massive infection in his bicep.

It was really really gross.

I mean it's gross without the swelling of a massive infection, but it's compounded.

That whole body building thing just isn't for me at all. I find it the opposite of attractive

Save your money and go and buy a book on nutrition. Or even get yourself that south beach diet book. Simply changing what you eat can lead to weight loss. I know.

I've had great success with starting out using the South Beach Diet plan. I've also kept the weight off which is usually an issue w/ diets.

I tend to eat properly 5 days out of the week, that way if we have dinner out or a party to attend I just eat what I want. Then the next day it's back to eating sensibly.

Next on the list, for me, at least is to start doing some excercise to tone up my new skinny self.

itburnswhenipee said:
Synthol? Isn't that what they drank at 10 Forward on Star Trek? Or Maybe it's a motor oil.

Synthol is composed of 85% medium-chain triglyceride oils (a fatty acid), 7.5% lidocaine (painkiller), and 7.5 5 benzyl alcohol. The preparation is injected deep into the muscle where it is encapsulated between the fascicles (bundles of muscle fibers) . With repeated injections, a larger volume of oil builds up inside the muscle, expanding its size like a balloon filling up with air. About 30% of what is injected is metabolized by the body. The other 70% remains lodged in the muscle where it breaks down very slowly over three to five years. There seems to be some issue of debate among bodybuilders as to whether or not Synthol actually lasts this long, and some believe it is even longer. Chris Clark, its inventor, is convinced that it somehow leads to permanent muscle growth in the effected areas, though even he is unsure of the mechanisms that would make this possible. Synthol users report amazing pumps while training, though this could be a result of the extra pressure of the accumulated oil.

Last edited:
Coqui said:
Synthol is composed of 85% medium-chain triglyceride oils (a fatty acid), 7.5% lidocaine (painkiller), and 7.5 5 benzyl alcohol. The preparation is injected deep into the muscle where it is encapsulated between the fascicles (bundles of muscle fibers) . With repeated injections, a larger volume of oil builds up inside the muscle, expanding its size like a balloon filling up with air. About 30% of what is injected is metabolized by the body. The other 70% remains lodged in the muscle where it breaks down very slowly over three to five years. There seems to be some issue of debate among bodybuilders as to whether or not Synthol actually lasts this long, and some believe it is even longer. Chris Clark, its inventor, is convinced that it somehow leads to permanent muscle growth in the effected areas, though even he is unsure of the mechanisms that would make this possible. Synthol users report amazing pumps while training, though this could be a result of the extra pressure of the accumulated oil.
Well that's quite a waste...make your muscles look big but without actually making them more useful? If that's the core idea behind body building then I really can't see the point. :confused:

FlyNavy said:
Well that's quite a waste...make your muscles look big but without actually making them more useful? If that's the core idea behind body building then I really can't see the point. :confused:
Yes, it's primarily about 'size'/appearance rather than improved strength/fitness.

This of course applies only to those freaks in the muscle magazines that compete on the professional level.

itburnswhenipee said:

Synthol it's an oil used to make the muscles look bigger. It's crap. It messes up your muscles and it's very noticable. Can get you banned sometimes.

Greg V. is a freak. He injected everything he could in his arms. One bicep looks odd becuase it became massive infected and they cut a chunk out.

Body builders are not power lifters. Power lifters are usually husky.

Body builders that lift crazy heavy get hurt and can't compete anymore.

Last edited:
b_sinning said:
Synthol it's an oil used to make the muscles look bigger. It's crap. It messes up your muscles and it's very noticable. Can get you banned sometimes.

Greg V. is a freak. He injected everything he could in his arms. One bicep looks odd becuase it became massive infected and they cut a chunk out.

He doesn't look even remotely natural. He looks (as you said) freakish.

Plus, even with that muscle mass he's still vulnerable to bullets, just like everyone else.

edit: I just read his bio, the guy is 5'6, my freaking height. He must scare children when they walk down the street looking the way he does.

Last edited:
KNYTE said:
He doesn't look even remotely natural. He looks (as you said) freakish.

Plus, even with that muscle mass he's still vulnerable to bullets, just like everyone else.

edit: I just read his bio, the guy is 5'6, my freaking height. He must scare children when they walk down the street looking the way he does.

now THAT is a short man complex :eek: