How far would you go to lose weight?

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
So I heard an ad on the radio on my way to work this morning about a research study offering $1000 to individuals who are willing to try a new diet program. They mentioned a website and I made a mental note of it. Seemed interesting. Who doesn't want to lose weight and get paid a grand for it??? Talk about motivation!!

I get to work, pull up the website, answer their little questionaire and quickly become congratulated on being accepted to their program! I'm then instructed to call an 800 number to talk with a "diet counselor".

After talking to his lady for a few minutes, I realize I'm being pitched. Basically the diet plan entails an every other day diet. Every other day we eat these wafers made from some organic root, and all the fruit we desire, and alternate days we eat as we normally would. The plan provides a 90 day supply of these wafers as well as vitamin supplements... all for the bargain price of $300. (Which is fully refundable upon completion of the program)

Now, my red flags went off as soon as this lady asked for my credit card number, but I figured, what the heck? Why not? I was going to do NutriSystem anyway and that is $300 for 28 days, so why not take a chance on this?

So the deal is, they send me my 90 day supply of wafers, vitamins, and paperwork, I go to a doctor and get my current weight documented... I follow the program for 90 days, at the end of which I go to a doctor again to get my weight documented, then I write a testimonial (omg I could be in a weight loss commercial!! nyuk nyuk) and after that's all done, I get my $1000 as well as my $300 back, and I lose this annoying 30 pounds I'm carrying around with as little effort as possible.

So worst case scenario, I'm out $300, best case, I get my $300 back, make $1k, I'm back to a single digit pant size and could possibly get to be in a diet commercial.

This will be interesting

GP2104.jpg

Tapeworm. Works every time.

I wonder what circumstances force you to lose your $1000. You should probably check the fine print, because I imagine they have all kinds of crazy exclusions that might keep you from getting it.

I've never had a problem with weight thus far. My genetics have (thankfully) kept me from having to worry about it. I eat pretty much whatever I feel like whenever I feel like it.

Sure, I go through points where I get "soft" if don't work out, but I can build back up after 3-5 weeks when I choose to.

Candy said:
Definatly keep us in the loop as this progresses. Who coulden't use $1000.00?

that reminds me, have you seen the scoomba? you'd appreciate it :fly: gonna have to get one for my kitchen and living room.

Drool-Boy said:
I think someone just scammed you out of three hundred bucks
Actually only $150. The rest is paid monthly.

We'll see if I'm actually scammed or not.

Candy said:
Wish I could get my hands on some of that..:drool:
I didn't want to take a medication because I'm hypersensitive to that kind of stuff. Diet pills, caffeine pills, energy pills, that's all ruled out.

They aren't charging me the second $75 till next month (if they do, then I'll know it's a scam and my cc has fraud protection)

And this way I can still drink mass quantities. :fly: (Just every other day)

zengirl said:
I didn't want to take a medication because I'm hypersensitive to that kind of stuff. Diet pills, caffeine pills, energy pills, that's all ruled out.

They aren't charging me the second $75 till next month (if they do, then I'll know it's a scam and my cc has fraud protection)

And this way I can still drink mass quantities. :fly: (Just every other day)

SOLD!