Home Theatre Question...

my favorite kind of person is the dude that drops thousands of dollars on a home entertainment system, but he watches movies like American Pie 2 and listens to Linkin Park

elpmis said:
my favorite kind of person is the dude that drops thousands of dollars on a home entertainment system, but he watches movies like American Pie 2 and listens to Linkin Park
My favorite kind of person is served with sauteed onions and garlic with a nice Merlot reduction sauce.

theacoustician said:
There's little content to watch, hence nothing to consume. Your arguement doesn't even make sense.

Theres no content because of the lack of adoption of the hardware by the consumer. It was a technology the industry predicted would take off far sooner then it has. My arguement makes perfect sense.

Satellite phones are another example of a lot of money wasted on something the consumer wasn't ready for.

BigDov said:
marital strife = temporary discomfort = us working kinks out = long-term happy

I'm still waiting for pics of yours...... how easily you forget :)

Did you and fat burger get a little too friendly?

smileynev said:
Theres no content because of the lack of adoption of the hardware by the consumer. It was a technology the industry predicted would take off far sooner then it has. My arguement makes perfect sense.

Satellite phones are another example of a lot of money wasted on something the consumer wasn't ready for.
I want a satellite phone that doesn't cost $3.00 a minute :(

BigDov said:
That's alot of it......... my wife gets pretty jealous sometimes *shrug*

Well, you are a good looking guy. Gayer then a tranny convention...

ChikkenNoodul said:

yep. If enough people were using the service it would be cheaper.

smileynev said:

Hahaha, you're wrong, but I'm not allowed to argue with you less I give away too much good stuff. Damnit, this sucks.

smileynev said:
Yeah, look at how well HDTV has taken off here in the US. Oh, wait....
Then there is the classic betamax example...

edit: Im a little off track after reading the fucking thread, but whatever.

ChikkenNoodul said:
All our field reporters have them. We also don't pay anywhere close to $3/minute. We also are having a hard time getting additional service because all the bird's transponders are full up.

Just cause it didn't take off at Best Buy doesn't mean people aren't making a killing on it.