Home Theatre Question...

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
69,558
21,810
1,073
Marklar
₥46,624.23
Marklar
M46,624
Steam
mattressfish
I doubt anything can be done about this with my current setup but whatever...

My HD cable box runs component out to my projector. When the picture is mostly a bright white on the screen, the projector loses the picture and blanks out.

I thought it was the cable box, so I got a new one. The new one does it too, so it can't be the cable box. I also made an all white image and put that on my projector through my XBOX. It worked fine, so it can't be the projector or the cable.

What the hell is causing it?
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
fly said:
I doubt anything can be done about this with my current setup but whatever...

My HD cable box runs component out to my projector. When the picture is mostly a bright white on the screen, the projector loses the picture and blanks out.

I thought it was the cable box, so I got a new one. The new one does it too, so it can't be the cable box. I also made an all white image and put that on my projector through my XBOX. It worked fine, so it can't be the projector or the cable.

What the hell is causing it?
You have a cheap projector, what do you want?
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
fly said:
To know why it does it.
Its hooked up component, right? Just for shits and giggles, hook it up composite and see if still does it.

I could explain what I think it is, but I don't have a month to type it all out. Lets just say I think you're losing sync cause your signal is supersaturated.
 

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
69,558
21,810
1,073
Marklar
₥46,624.23
Marklar
M46,624
Steam
mattressfish
theacoustician said:
Its hooked up component, right? Just for shits and giggles, hook it up composite and see if still does it.

I could explain what I think it is, but I don't have a month to type it all out. Lets just say I think you're losing sync cause your signal is supersaturated.
I dont think I have that long of a composite cable. Will it help diagnose the problem? More to the point, can it be fixed with my current equipment.
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
fly said:
I dont think I have that long of a composite cable. Will it help diagnose the problem? More to the point, can it be fixed with my current equipment.
Maybe and no way of knowing.

PS - dear idiot, if you have a component cable long enough to reach, you have 3 composite cables long enough to reach :tard:
 

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
5,219
39
41
Marklar
₥157.32
Marklar
M157
theacoustician said:
Maybe and no way of knowing.

PS - dear idiot, if you have a component cable long enough to reach, you have 3 composite cables long enough to reach :tard:

hahahahahahaha


:heart: fly
 

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
69,558
21,810
1,073
Marklar
₥46,624.23
Marklar
M46,624
Steam
mattressfish
theacoustician said:
Maybe and no way of knowing.

PS - dear idiot, if you have a component cable long enough to reach, you have 3 composite cables long enough to reach :tard:
Ummm, no. component to vga cable doesn't make a good composite cable.
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
fly said:
Ummm, no. component to vga cable doesn't make a good composite cable.
Tellling us things like, "hay guys, I'm going in VGA to the projector but the signal is component" is kinda important stuff.
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
Actually, this makes more sense why the Xbox would work and not the component out cable. I'll tell you over IM if you want. The problem is either your cable box (not likely) or your projector is cheap (likely).
 

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
5,219
39
41
Marklar
₥157.32
Marklar
M157
fly said:
I just missed out on a deal for a 1500 lumen Epson last week for $250. =(
i said 1.21 jiggalumens dammit! Not a wussy 1500. I want that thing to burn a fucking hole through your's and 20 of your neighbors houses, Real Genius style!
 

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
69,558
21,810
1,073
Marklar
₥46,624.23
Marklar
M46,624
Steam
mattressfish
bast_imret said:
i said 1.21 jiggalumens dammit! Not a wussy 1500. I want that thing to burn a fucking hole through your's and 20 of your neighbors houses, Real Genius style!
Thank God for those mirrors that didn't burn...

edit: and popcorn
 
S

smileynev

Guest
"Hey guys, my tv doesn't display anything on Video 2 when I have my DVD player hooked up"

[Generic theacoustician response] YOU BOUGHT CHEAP SHIT, YOU ARE TOO CHEAP AND STUPID TO WATCH TV!
 

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
5,219
39
41
Marklar
₥157.32
Marklar
M157
smileynev said:
"Hey guys, my tv doesn't display anything on Video 2 when I have my DVD player hooked up"

[Generic theacoustician response] YOU BOUGHT CHEAP SHIT, YOU ARE TOO CHEAP AND STUPID TO WATCH TV!
OMG Dupe acct! b7! :fly: