Home Theatre Question...

[smileynev]hay guys! i want to make my own home theater but i only want to spend $27 and i want to do all the wiring myself even though i couldn't find my ass with two hands and a flashlight! i must have hd and stream movies from my computer for my wife's herd of babies and feed me on demand and use a mac because my mac loves me even though no one else does. i want to know how to do it, but will mock all attempts to talk me back into reality.[/smileynev]

[theacoustician] Hey guys I have no concept of a budget. I live in a fantasy world where other people's money grows on trees and bushes. I don't understand that some people want functionality and decent quality but don't want to spend more then they need to for their needs. As a result of my lack of empathy I ridicule and criticize those that do not appreciate my taste in high quality toys that the average person would not appreciate.[/theacoustician]

smileynev said:
[theacoustician] Hey guys I have no concept of a budget. I live in a fantasy world where other people's money grows on trees and bushes. I don't understand that some people want functionality and decent quality but don't want to spend more then they need to for their needs. As a result of my lack of empathy I ridicule and criticize those that do not appreciate my taste in high quality toys that the average person would not appreciate.[/theacoustician]
Never undertake vast projects with half vast budgets.

I'm sorry if Best Buy lies to you and tells you that you can get all your AV hopes and dreams for $29.95.

theacoustician said:

I'm sorry if Best Buy lies to you and tells you that you can get all your AV hopes and dreams for $29.95.

shit you can't even get a Apex dvd player for that cheap. :fly:

theacoustician said:

Understand that not everyone has 20 grand to spend on a home theater system for their family.

theacoustician said:
We've been over this, I don't have one.

So, as opposed to watching a movie in 5.1 surround on an average system, you're content to watching it on with your TV or stereo speakers?

smileynev said:
So, as opposed to watching a movie in 5.1 surround on an average system, you're content to watching it on with your TV or stereo speakers?
I'm content not to waste $500 on crap and instead save that money and put it towards something worth a damn.

theacoustician said:
I'm content not to waste $500 on crap and instead save that money and put it towards something worth a damn.

Or you could appreciate it now and still save. $500 is a drop in the bucket for what you want to buy.

theacoustician said:

this AudioVox system kickass ass for only $149 @ Target. i don't know wtf you're talkin' about.

B0000A2U5M.16._AA384_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

smileynev said:
Or you could appreciate it now and still save. $500 is a drop in the bucket for what you want to buy.
No, $500 is $500 in the bucket for what I want to buy.

If you can't do something right, don't do it at all.