Hawt History of an old boat

Here's the thing scooter, if "we were actually making headway" then you would recognize that I was still upset about your past behavior and then you would apologize and work towards rectifying the situation. Immediately going back to being a butthurt asshole for something that you did shows that we weren't ever making headway, you were just trying to gaslight everyone into thinking you were a decent person.

I know kindergarteners that are better at conflict resolution than you.

Anyways. Last fiberglass repair that I'm going to do for now. I'll do some gelcoat stuff, but its not the same level of preparedness. I will need to figure out a better seal for my mask, though. While grinding these I eventually got to the point where I could taste the gelcoat, so it wasn't sealing great. The MEKP that catalyzes the gelcoat is not something you really want to breath in, even if its mixed in a bunch of gelcoat.

Patch areas sanded bare. First is the Marv-with-a-brick repair. Second is my first repair that I did while upside down. Had a couple bubbles in it and a few other things I wanted to fix better.
R0QWdr0.jpg

FFrkCfV.jpg

Prep area.
F0AN2xR.jpg

And all done.
WQCjT6Z.jpg

Here's the thing scooter, if "we were actually making headway" then you would recognize that I was still upset about your past behavior and then you would apologize and work towards rectifying the situation. Immediately going back to being a butthurt asshole for something that you did shows that we weren't ever making headway, you were just trying to gaslight everyone into thinking you were a decent person.

I know kindergarteners that are better at conflict resolution than you.
I believe I tried that. I also believe you were the first one to think I was nukes. For this particular exchange - yeah, you could have been a bit less hair trigger. Apparently, the next 2 respondents thought spring also. I stand by my thoughts on the thinner wire. IDT it's nearly what the former was, it may have issues.

I believe I tried that. I also believe you were the first one to think I was nukes. For this particular exchange - yeah, you could have been a bit less hair trigger. Apparently, the next 2 respondents thought spring also. I stand by my thoughts on the thinner wire. IDT it's nearly what the former was, it may have issues.
Hey, how about you just let it slide and go about your day instead of trying to explain to @Mr. Argumentor exactly how @Mr. Argumentor should feel about you?

That boat doesn't look big enough to fit all of us on the forum fishing trip.
I guess we won't have to worry about Eddie falling overboard.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Friends and I saved an old boat once. Old man said "hey you dumb kids, there's a boat down there you can have!" We bailed sand for hours, holding our breath until we almost exploded, eventually got an old rowboat out of 3-4' of water. Dried it, patched with roofing tar and shit. IT didn't take on much water. THen one time we didn't go there for a few days. The boat was gone. THen we heard an old man yell, "hey you dumb kids, there's a boat down there you can have!" 🤔

Was sanding to prep for laying down gelcoat on the interior, mainly to prevent any sort of fibers from sticking to bare skin.

Started picking at this... whatever it is. Bondo, probably. Tried to sand it smooth, and then rinsed it out.

Aaaaand I noticed that water was dripping out of the outside. So I have another fucking patch to do. There's literally going to be one existing patch of this fucking boat that I haven't had to redo. I'm debating doing that one as well, the only reason I'm not already grinding it down is that its way up front under the bow cap.

I know that the previous owner of this boat has shuffled off this mortal coil, but gods above and below I want to dig him up and give him a kick in the fork for his "work"

yqN60o0.jpg

gs6a3yB.jpg

JrdAaUQ.jpg

hvnxrgS.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant