Hawt History of an old boat

Hey @fly
Apparently I forgot I made this thread at one point?

Can we merge them?

Anyways. I mixed up some gelcoat and tried to get the color right. Not 100% there, might need some more white added back in though.
VZyARSz.jpg

klqeNh5.jpg

Then I needed something to move my bigger boat (I don't think I've started a first thread for that one, nevermind a second thread)
So I started grinding and cutting on some bed frames.
tEqJy65.jpg

Quick stop at the Hammer Store (Harbor Freight - Where all our tools turn into hammers!)
90284Fk.jpg

Some bandsaw time.
o7ewSgB.jpg

And some fluxweld time
Got to pick up a length of 1.25" or so square tubing for the handle, but I should have a boat dolly soon enough.
TeIQI9T.jpg

Finally, it is raining and I have steering on the boat. I need to check underhood and make sure that it is arranged appropriately. I think I may have it one sheave off.
Front seat needs to be installed, rear seat needs tightened, need to get the controls installed again.
Outboard needs the carb rebuilt, I may or may not install electronic ignition in the outboard, I finally found the god damned starter so I need to wire that cause there's no way in fuck that I'm going to rope over a 25HP motor, aaaaaand I think that's all I need to knock out. Then, provided the registration numbers ship soon (I got some neat ones that have this shadow'd look to them) I can get on the water.
r1vqJzw.jpg

Well, shit. I think I know why my starter didn't do shit.

q8mqIWS.jpg

ab3XYbB.jpg
That might look far worse than it is.

If you've got continuity on all the windings, and they all measure around the same ohms indicating there's no shorted windings... clean off the commutator with some scotchbrite, clean up the brush holders and giv'er.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Ok Immi, you wanna be a seaman, or you wanna be first mate?

@Immigrant

I LOL’d for five minutes at this and I don’t know why. It has to be the end laugh. I screamed when it happened and laughed to loud, my roomie came running like I was losing a lung.

I actually with he would’ve came out and found me with a lung hanging from my stupid mouth and my eyes eye rolly and shit

9 out of 10 Lungers dying at home recommend Diazepam for their patients who are slowly drowning to death. Herp a derp