Hawt History of an old boat

Mr. Argumentor

I fab shitboxes and shitbox accessories.
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥73,706
Steam
asastang
Several years ago I pulled a boat out of my mom's neighbor's yard.

a7FY2UK.jpg

BOrynv5.jpg

It had some cool details, and some other stuff I liked about it, which is ultimately what saved it.
Om6VSf2.jpg

OgrS4RF.jpg

I started to strip it of the crappy camo paint.
Vn3Z5Sy.jpg

pITxR1z.jpg

It took a long long while till I got most of it stripped off. Part of that was the problems detailed in this thread

I sandblasted most of the metal
Bo8WMCo.jpg

6RUpDCM.jpg

l8RTvl1.jpg

Found a '55 Evinrude 25HP with controls and fuel tank for $100, which is a fucking steal and a half
C8F0m9V.jpg

45EXLCg.jpg

Il9AXXE.jpg

More sand blasting, lots and lots of zinc chromate primer
kv8NmsT.jpg

LOTS of zinc chromate
sZg6vlu.jpg

Kux25jU.jpg

And then we get to prettifying
wgYpoox.jpg

XQJGfqn.jpg

Finally, assembly
85dKuxs.jpg

W9LaFrY.jpg

KIZ8F3O.jpg

Not 100% done yet, but close
Gotta do some futzing around with the electrical system, patch a fiberglass crack, and some other stuff, but I should have it on the water by the 4th of July or so.

is that a really giant motor for a boat that size? I know nothing about boats.
Looks big, doesn't it? Its just bulky. On plane I'm gonna guess 30-35MPH max? I might be ambitious, though.

That being said, boat people are worse than car people when it comes to big motors in small crafts.

I fucking love this thread the most of all threads and more than anyone else does, so there.

Nice work! And thanks for taking the time to create this thread, because it’s outstanding.
Thanks Immi, glad you like it.

I might pick this up to install on the dash

• Love
Reactions: Immigrant
Fuck me, this stuff kicks hard when its hot, but god DAMN I didn't think it would kick that hard.

This is about 10 minutes after I mixed it. You can barely see it, but that is vapor boiling off just below the 5% mark on the stick. The entire thing was smoking a second or two before that.
D3HUxCZ.jpg

It was like this at 25 minutes
XR4Kk2c.jpg

The little boys that monitor everything I do online think I have a boner for boat motors now because I checked my email (which I now do weekly at best) and eBay emailed me suggestions and the entire top row is Evinrude motors.

LOL
I love how sophisticated, but simultaneously so stupid those algorithms can be. Look at one thing one time and suddenly you want 10,000 of them.