Halp Help me pork my next dog

I've always been partial to shepherds and rottweilers but there are a number of other dogs I wouldn't mind owning.

I had a minature yorkie that weighed under 2lbs... Was an awesome little dog until an old lady ran over him. Was like hitting a squirrel...

I had a minature yorkie that weighed under 2lbs... Was an awesome little dog until an old lady ran over him. Was like hitting a squirrel...

a girl I'm seeing has something almost that small. 4lbs I think. can't remember what it is.

If I ever get another dog it will be a yorkie, but they are little and have to go everywhere with you, I couldn't just leave it home for the week and have a neighbor feed it when we go on vacation, so when my current dogs die I probably won't replace them.

Sure if I find one baby anywhere, I would rescue it. Chances of finding a baby are slim to none though.

And health issues are not more predominate in kennel dogs over rescue dogs. More to do with their bloodline and history.
Tons of places have puppies. All the dogs I've ever had (except 2) were puppies from humane society/rescue.

I don't expect to sell you on this idea but I can't help adding that most people discount older dogs, but they aren't _that_ bad, it takes just as long to get a puppy housebroken as it does to get an older dog to trust you. They are also usually housebroken, sleep when you aren't around (once they settle in), and spend most of their time sniffing. Just something to think about.

Fly is right about mutts living longer and having better health. I've only ever had one pure bred dog and he was great (black lab) and he died way too soon (we had to put him down because broken hip and tumors). =/

I see your mother leave the house with the dog. I see her return with the dog. What happens in between (as long as it's legal and I don't have to watch) is of no concern to me.

I only got the dog so your mother would spend more time out of the house.