Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

So many people think it's some sort of super secret all your health info can't be shared shit. It really only applies if you work in a medical field. I've written incident reports that include detailed medical information but im not a covered entity.
Oh you're an uncovered titty all right.

• Haha
Reactions: Josh
I got fired after updating my w4 once because I had two jobs and my employer saw the second job on it and didn't want me working anywhere else.

You all assume because something is a "law" people don't do it. That's not actually how the world works. Small businesses anyway, I kinda miss working for Best Buy/Target etc. They'd actually yell at you for not taking lunch when mandated and my security company actually gave me a week of pto when I got pepper sprayed.
Yeah, I'm trying to square how @fly thinks HIPAA works with doctors prescribing narcotics to people who work on heavy machinery.

You don't go to work under the influence, prescribed or not. Sandwich making could be an exception, I suppose.

The Indian buffet for a team lunch yesterday was a bad decision.

Betray Ben Wyatt GIF

• Haha
Reactions: fly and Peppers
Yeah, I'm trying to square how @fly thinks HIPAA works with doctors prescribing narcotics to people who work on heavy machinery.

You don't go to work under the influence, prescribed or not. Sandwich making could be an exception, I suppose.
Seems I misspoke. It would be under ADA according to this.

Most of my jobs require you to be alert and such, handle firearms etc. They all have written policies. This was literally the cheesesteak job and I got a sob story about how they don't want me cutting myself.

i cant work with anything more than tylenol in my system
i mean my lupus meds are fine but it’s f it had ANY drowsy like factors i wouldn’t be able to work
I'll die if I take Tylenol. Or get really sick. 6 of one half dozen of the other. I can only take narcotics for pain these days. They read my history at the hospital and gave me IM tramadol.

Last edited:

from that link,
Screenshot_20230112_141258.jpg

which relates back to,
there was a question earlier I think that was worded like the employer was dictating what meds you can and can't take, and just to clarify they absolutely cannot do that, but what they CAN do is say that if you are taking certain medications, you cannot work while on them.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
from that link,
View attachment 16990

which relates back to,
there was a question earlier I think that was worded like the employer was dictating what meds you can and can't take, and just to clarify they absolutely cannot do that, but what they CAN do is say that if you are taking certain medications, you cannot work while on them.
This was weirder just to get back to the actual interaction, there is no policy, like at all. Dude just got weird when he saw me taking stuff out of a prescription bottle and was like we can't have you working if youre on meds makes it like stoopid.

I think it was spirolactone (spelling).

This was weirder just to get back to the actual interaction, there is no policy, like at all. Dude just got weird when he saw me taking stuff out of a prescription bottle and was like we can't have you working if youre on meds makes it like stoopid.

I think it was spirolactone (spelling).
I think I'm thinking of replies to something @Josh posted a few pages back

& spironolactone :p