Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

The bruise is progressing up the nail. I basically marinated the finger in ben gay last night to see if I could keep it from waking me up, which was mostly successful, except for when I found out that my thumb leads the way when I touch any other body part in my sleep.

The ol' Ben Gay Scrotum Freeze was unfun.

I tried the old "burn a hole in the nail to relieve the pressure" trick, but it didn't help.
I take a wood boring bit (I have a dedicated one that I keep clean) and use it. Burning a hole in the nail has never worked for me, but "drilling" one by twirling the bit by hand? Always does the trick
One of these.

1665335411193.png

That's a good idea. I've always used a utility blade or a nail file to scrape a smol hole.
I've got a nice CRKT (CKRT? CTKR? Whatever) that has a blade about a centimeter wide, but 4" or so long. Also great for this as it spins in your hand almost as well as these bits, but is actually useful the rest of the time as well.

I take a wood boring bit (I have a dedicated one that I keep clean) and use it. Burning a hole in the nail has never worked for me, but "drilling" one by twirling the bit by hand? Always does the trick
One of these.

View attachment 16661
all of my wood boring bits have spiral tips, but I ended up just using the smallest twist drill I had, and it drained.

messages_0(1).jpeg

Yay american healthcare

Next time you get a cut we'll teach you how to use an upholstery hook to make stitches. Or taking cow antibiotics for your infected toe.
I've still got an appointment for an X-ray on Saturday to make sure I didn't break the damned thing. I have done my own sutures before.

• Gravy
Reactions: ZRH
I snagged the nail on my pocket, and it ripped the nail out from the wrong side. It is currently in a state.

Working the quick out on the hand side (it was already out on the far side):
IMG_20221012_212659681.jpg

Done:
IMG_20221012_212754449.jpg

Couldn't get it away from the top, so I just kinda trimmed it back and cleaned it up.
IMG_20221013_064813634_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Fuckkkkk

Season 5 Friends Tv Show GIF by Friends