Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

sinn bodhi eating candy GIF by Freakshow Wrestling

so the rheumatologist I saw in August for the recurrent uveitis & joint pain had me do x-rays at that time of my SI because he observed a decreased range of motion (in addition to my describing the pain & stiffness), and it looked like possibly osteitis condensans ilii, which made sense bc it's fairly common in post-partum people, but it wouldn't explain it being a thing before I got pregnant or be related to the uveitis. so he ordered follow-up imaging which I just finally had my appointment for, & I feel less like a crazy person/malingerer because my shit is actually genuinely fucked up.

Screenshot_20211101-194038_MyChart.jpg

it still doesn't necessarily mean that the uveitis is related, like I could have stupid bone stuff AND stupid eye stuff separately, but at the very least I feel slightly better knowing that my SI pain is like, provable. I have a follow up appointment with the rheumatologist in December, so idk if he'll try to fit in another imaging order beforehand or just send me down that day.

I know it’s a weird thing to say, but I’m taking entirely too long to die.

In February, they tell me the best ballpark figure they can guess is June, maybe July. August if I’m lucky.

Well, lucky my ass. That’s subjective. I feel like shit, physically, and now it’s starting to really bother me mentally as well. I blame part of that on my “caregivers”, who aren’t used to having someone like me here. It’s more geared towards those who aren’t medicated and just need help living. That can’t bathe or do their own laundry (I’m that also, but I can’t get to the dining room, etc). The other patients are more capable to do the small stuff, and that makes the “caregivers” tired of dealing with me.

I don’t fucking like being in this position.

so the rheumatologist I saw in August for the recurrent uveitis & joint pain had me do x-rays at that time of my SI because he observed a decreased range of motion (in addition to my describing the pain & stiffness), and it looked like possibly osteitis condensans ilii, which made sense bc it's fairly common in post-partum people, but it wouldn't explain it being a thing before I got pregnant or be related to the uveitis. so he ordered follow-up imaging which I just finally had my appointment for, & I feel less like a crazy person/malingerer because my shit is actually genuinely fucked up.

View attachment 15183

it still doesn't necessarily mean that the uveitis is related, like I could have stupid bone stuff AND stupid eye stuff separately, but at the very least I feel slightly better knowing that my SI pain is like, provable. I have a follow up appointment with the rheumatologist in December, so idk if he'll try to fit in another imaging order beforehand or just send me down that day.
So what you're saying is they took a good, long look at your dick and said, "Yep, that's fucky".

In February, they tell me the best ballpark figure they can guess is June, maybe July. August if I’m lucky.

Well, lucky my ass. That’s subjective. I feel like shit, physically, and now it’s starting to really bother me mentally as well. I blame part of that on my “caregivers”, who aren’t used to having someone like me here. It’s more geared towards those who aren’t medicated and just need help living. That can’t bathe or do their own laundry (I’m that also, but I can’t get to the dining room, etc). The other patients are more capable to do the small stuff, and that makes the “caregivers” tired of dealing with me.

save up your meds for a week then take it all at once

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie

honey, I understand that things are burdensome for you and I wish it weren't so, but I need you to understand that YOU are not the burden, and their inability to provide adequate care is a reflection of their failures, not you. I get that you're fed up & over living if this is what living you get, and I'm not trying to change your mind as far as that is concerned because I haven't lived it. but you are a person & you deserve dignity & care, and they don't GET to get tired of "dealing" with you. fuck. that.

save up your meds for a week then take it all at once

They actually thought that might be a possibility so they started making sure I took them while they waited for the empty syringe. It makes it more annoying for them too, because I get up early so they have to also.

honey, I understand that things are burdensome for you and I wish it weren't so, but I need you to understand that YOU are not the burden, and their inability to provide adequate care is a reflection of their failures, not you. I get that you're fed up & over living if this is what living you get, and I'm not trying to change your mind as far as that is concerned because I haven't lived it. but you are a person & you deserve dignity & care, and they don't GET to get tired of "dealing" with you. fuck. that.

Thank you.
I wish I could double gravy that even though it’s meaningless at this point, you know what I mean. This is why Oregon has the Death With Dignity law but it’s next to impossible finding an assisted living facility that’ll accept someone on it, and my son is against it. That’s the big one. If he was okay with it, I’d be gone. I would’ve done it at home. But it’s his house now, and I need to accept his wishes too, even though I think he’s starting to understand my reasoning a little.

• Love
  • Gravy
Reactions: Petunia and fly
I've kinda fallen off the wagon on sugar drinks, I'm buying a couple each week. I should knock that shit off too.
Now my problem is that I gotta start meal preppin shit I can eat at work so I don't go get shit food. There is a pretty good sushi place nearby with a good lunch menu though.

One step at a time.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum