Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Speaking of cats, I’ve had the overnight nurses for one week so far and the cat that’s gotten out two times so far. She’s gotten out three times in the past two years, two of which were in the past week. Not a good track record so far.

Its fucking super annoying, not being able to get off the bed or stand, and know the cat can just saunter out the fucking door without one moron stopping her, then not being able to search.
that would stress me out so much. I worry about my kitties

• Love
Reactions: fly
I know I've told this story before, but in June of 2002, I was working on my Cadillac with my friend. We needed a ring terminal that was just slightly larger than one we had, so he told me to hold one of the ones we had, and he'd drill out the center. Well, that was dumb, and he ended up drilling through the index finger on my right hand. We soaked it in some alcohol, and I soaked myself in some bourbon, and we stitched it back together with some fishing line.

It looked like this:
IM000165.jpg

Then in 2013, the whole thing got super gross and infected with staph, and started mobilizing all of the bone fragments that were in there for 13 years beforehand. I lost my whole-ass fingernail like 3 times, and each time, these gross little bone chips would come out from underneath. During that process, the nail bed, I dunno, split or something, so I started growing two fingernails on that finger, one that was sorta normal and grew forward, and one on the side towards my middle finger, which grew a horn, basically.

Here's how it was then:
2013-06-18_14-49-26_667_001.jpg

Since then, every few months, the horn re-grows, to the point where I'll catch it on my pocket or something, and rip it part way out. I usually then finish the job and grab it with some pliers and give 'er a good yank. I didn't quite get all of it a few weeks ago, and it's been icky since then, but today it feels good again.

IMG_20210812_103533806.jpg

I went to the orthopedic doctor about it, and he did an operation on me to try and kill the nail bed, but it didn't take, so yeah, not in a big hurry to go back there and redo anything.

when nails get fucked up, they stay fucked up. I messed up both my big toenails when i was 17 by playing 36 holes of a golf in a pair of ill fitting shoes. They fell off at the the time, and to this day 25 years later, they sometimes grow double nails (two layers) and the nails arent the right shape.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
when nails get fucked up, they stay fucked up. I messed up both my big toenails when i was 17 by playing 36 holes of a golf in a pair of ill fitting shoes. They fell off at the the time, and to this day 25 years later, they sometimes grow double nails (two layers) and the nails arent the right shape.
I’ve lost a toenail from running in too small of shoes. It took forever to heal but luckily looks perfectly normal. I’ve lost other nails that have grown back fine as well.
Maybe it’s just you and @Jehannum

I’ve lost a toenail from running in too small of shoes. It took forever to heal but luckily looks perfectly normal. I’ve lost other nails that have grown back fine as well.
Maybe it’s just you and @Jehannum
I have Morton's toe (my big toes are actually shorter than all but my pinky toe), so whenever I go skiing, I lose the toenail off my longest toe, but it's always grown back normal.

I attribute the fucked up fingernail to good breeding and safety practices.

Oh shit.

I lost my safety net, folks. I can barely see what I’m typing, but I had to tell someone.

My sister has to stop paying for the night nurse, and my son does back to work next week but decided to start resting up for it early or something. They were lining up a group home or care center next week, but nothing until then. So I’m stuck.

Oh well. I’m jerking like a Parkinson’s patient and typing is hard, so I gotta go. Wish me luck. I hope I can hold on until next week.

peace

Oh shit.

I lost my safety net, folks. I can barely see what I’m typing, but I had to tell someone.

My sister has to stop paying for the night nurse, and my son does back to work next week but decided to start resting up for it early or something. They were lining up a group home or care center next week, but nothing until then. So I’m stuck.

Oh well. I’m jerking like a Parkinson’s patient and typing is hard, so I gotta go. Wish me luck. I hope I can hold on until next week.

peace
man, can we pay for the night nurse? Whats the best way for us to help, set us up with your sister or your son and we'll crowdfund this shit.