Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

This stream of consciousness is a trip, @Immigrant

Thank you.

Diazepam in liquid form is currently my drug of choice. Remember that, folks. If you’re dying from a disease that feels like you’re drowning, like Covid, the same but different, diazenon is THE one that covers the symptoms the best.

I’ve told my professionals, it covers most of the symptoms better than drugs that cover some but not all. Some, a little of some, or all, all of a few but not others. And I saw a few minutes of Jeopardy! with Geordi LaForge hosting and was quite alright with it too. Didn’t see that coming.

Back to the doc this morning
BP/heart rate normal
Cholesterol/other numbers I dont understand normal
No more medicine needed
Amazing what a little diet & exercise will do for ya

Please have a steak and a beer for me before you start taking care of yourself too well though. Unless you’re a drunk, than hold off on that for now.

First time around before correction said “best hold moss on that one for…’

Fuck moss

Thank you.

Diazepam in liquid form is currently my drug of choice. Remember that, folks. If you’re dying from a disease that feels like you’re drowning, like Covid, the same but different, diazenon is THE one that covers the symptoms the best.

I’ve told my professionals, it covers most of the symptoms better than drugs that cover some but not all. Some, a little of some, or all, all of a few but not others. And I saw a few minutes of Jeopardy! with Geordi LaForge hosting and was quite alright with it too. Didn’t see that coming.
I like LeVar Burton (Geordi) but I thought he was waaaaay to dry for the gig. I kept thinking he was a blind dude, giving a monologue.

Glad you got the Diazepam.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Immigrant
Two things. Maybe more, depending on how you count.

1) I haven’t been to my bedroom or slept in my bed since last Thursday or Friday night. I’ve stayed in one of our recliners (we have matching reclining loveseats that get rotated every quarter). I guess that’s a half-truth because I still poop in my bathroom.

2) There was an attempted spin off of the TV show Emergency! to take place in San Francisco. The Dr Brackett type was portrayed by John DeLancie, who later was Q on Star Trek:The Next Generation.

6C03A5B9-9360-49A7-870A-352B10149124.jpeg

2) Gene Roddenberry had picked DeLancie as his main antagonist, partly based on his delivery of lines. Roddenberry said he made everything he wrote sound better. That’s high praise!

4) Diazepam is the liquid drug of choice for lunger patients who feel like they’re drowning. Have I mentioned that before?

Two things. Maybe more, depending on how you count.

1) I haven’t been to my bedroom or slept in my bed since last Thursday or Friday night. I’ve stayed in one of our recliners (we have matching reclining loveseats that get rotated every quarter). I guess that’s a half-truth because I still poop in my bathroom.

2) There was an attempted spin off of the TV show Emergency! to take place in San Francisco. The Dr Brackett type was portrayed by John DeLancie, who later was Q on Star Trek:The Next Generation.

View attachment 14578

2) Gene Roddenberry had picked DeLancie as his main antagonist, partly based on his delivery of lines. Roddenberry said he made everything he wrote sound better. That’s high praise!

4) Diazepam is the liquid drug of choice for lunger patients who feel like they’re drowning. Have I mentioned that before?
Enjoy John DeLancie making Pizza with some other Trek Alumni:

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Immigrant
@Immigrant
I know your lungs are all wonky, but remind me what caused it? Was it just you being sick so many times and something flipped a switch in your immune system?

Cancer is/was just a little piece. I have two masses, that are in the worst possible place to get a biopsy and my lungs are so fragile, they’re afraid if they cut into them, they won’t be able to staple or sew them shut without them tearing larger holes.

I was injured in a fall at work in a warehouse. Had two broken talus bones (like the ball in a ball joint), one in each ankle. Those are hard to get back together decently. No mater how hard they try, piecing them together without

Piecing them together without ridges that chew up ___________ (can’t think of word) is next to impossible, but they try. CARTILAGE that’s the word fuck I’m old.

My tibia was broken into several pieces. The trauma surgeon at one hospital said “send him to Emanuel” (trauma hospital) because he wanted to take my right leg. Keeping it was a waste of time. His and mine, as well as hospital resources. I spent the next two weeks in the trauma unit and had five surgeries by the time I checked out.

Two days after getting home, I took a sit-down shower. First one in two weeks. Afterward, I was dressing on my hospital bed in my living room (more later about that) and my incisions on my right legs started itching WILDLY, so I scratched- just a little- and pink watery liquid came spraying out of the incision. I stuck the sports page (does anyone remember laughter? oops, wrong, newspapers?) and after I sopped up the mess, I called the doctor’s number listed on the pill bottle, which eventually Got me johns emergency voice mail and I left a message.

He called back, and told me to first, stop using the injection blood thinner because as I’ve mentioned here before, I was incredibly active and moved like a a frickin cat. He saw me riding an invisible stationary bike while laying on my back in the bed at the hospital, saw my physique (like 2% body fat) and knew I didn’t need a blood thinner. He also said to call an ambulance and explain it wasn’t an emergency but I needed to go back to the hospital. I asked for one day at home, and he said sure. He phoned in an antibiotic Rx which I started that night.

I went back the next day and they started running tests. Seems there was an outbreak of MRSA happening and I was there just in time to catch it.

Then the raspy voice said “Keep your stupid fucking hands and feet inside the car because this ride is gonna fuck you up, son” and chug chug chug chug up the hill it started.

Within two months I was was in and out and in and out so many times, then finally, they kept me. First long stay was from thanksgiving 2003 until the day before Christmas. After New Year, I was back for another month. During that stay, I had an infectious disease doctor that said he knew me well enough by that point that he was comfortable saying (if we don’t turn this around in the next 2 days, you’re going home in a bag.”

All during this, I was allowed to leave whenever I wanted. I owned my own wheelchair (I had THE BEST workers comp carrier ever) and I had a “wound vac” attached to my leg, etc, and looked scary as fuck. My skin was falling off in flakes turned chunks but I fit right in, because on the floor I was on, half the doors had giant 🛑 STOP signs on the doors. There was officially an outbreak.

It took two years of surgeries and treatments to say they had it under control. I continued to have surgeries but they weren’t removing dead meat anymore. I was begging my newer doctor to just take the fucking thing and he said, and it stuck “I didn’t go to school to learn how to LOSE limbs.” so I stayed the course. If he would, I would too. He made it clear that I was a worker’s comp case and if I was using MY insurance and MY copay, he’d ask me to go the other way but we had a unique opportunity. Use THEIR money. Save MY leg(s).

I must interject (wrong word use probably) about workers comp. I had a great carrier. I had everything I needed by the time I got home the first time. A hospital bed in my living room! My own wheelchair! Rides galore! Anything and everything. They even gave me wheelchair van rides to AA meetings, just like Ironsides. But I digress…

I also started school by getting my GED and taking Algebra and other courses to bring myself up to college-level stuff. I had a bunch of hot youngsters to contend with.
Here’s Mao by Warhol. I went to the museum!
6879ECCD-751E-43A3-BB29-5BA9CC6FB3EF.jpeg

I paid for my own school up to a point.

One of my doctors I mentioned earlier was an infectious disease doctor. I had an entire team of them, just like Dr House’s. Like human Neapolitan ice cream, but curing diseases. They told me I was pretty fucked. That I lost a decade (at least) from my lifespan, and every cold I’d catch from then out would be like pneumonia. I was headstrong and full of “I’ll shoW them!” but damn, they were right.

I got a flu shot while I had a cage on my leg. You know those cages they put on broken neck people? I had two of those, spaced a year apart, on my right leg. My photos are all on paper and I haven’t dug them out and scanned them, but had planned on it. They look like this:

9DC15A3E-88D5-46BF-BF37-741BCB34080B.jpeg
(Pulled from Internet)

mine went to my toes and I had five pins through my foot. I broke the shit out of it a few times. The doctor wanted my treating it like I was wearing a shoe, so I walked on it. He wanted it. I vacuumed, everything. I went to the store and little boys would ask “what happened?” And of course my response was “Shark attack!”

Really? You expect “a fall in a warehouse”? How boring.