Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Well I think they did a full blood panel and thyroid. Nothing special but still, rules out things other than shitty long covid or something else so there's that at least. Was so surprised by the turn around time I'm a bit suspicious it's fake
In all seriousness, have you taken a PCR test to determine if you have active COVID?

Oh shut the fuck up with the jazz club and going out to a public space twice in a fucking year. Get over yourself. Socially distanced enjoying myself isn't the risk level of not socially distanced work around homeless people with drug addictions and who knows what infections.
He's just jealous of you. The man of the house refuses to let him go out anywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: nukes
Yeah it was throat then nasal but I don't think it's possible to stab your own brain. Self preservation kicks in which makes the test null and void imo.
From what I've read, it lives everywhere in your respiratory tract (which is why the antigen test works with spit), so you don't really need the brain tickler for it to be effective.

From what I've read, it lives everywhere in your respiratory tract (which is why the antigen test works with spit), so you don't really need the brain tickler for it to be effective.
Interesting. I've sort of given up caring about the science of it all tbh. I've been shitty sick, breathing sucks, I've probably had it regardless or any tests. A positive test doesn't change anything, it's not like they have any treatment for it so whatever.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Interesting. I've sort of given up caring about the science of it all tbh. I've been shitty sick, breathing sucks, I've probably had it regardless or any tests. A positive test doesn't change anything, it's not like they have any treatment for it so whatever.
True. But keep in mind that the reason for testing isn't for you. It's so that you can help keep the rest of us safe by quarantining. :heart:

True. But keep in mind that the reason for testing isn't for you. It's so that you can help keep the rest of us safe by quarantining. :heart:
Not sure there's much chance of you catching it from this distance so I think you'll be okay. More likely than not if I went out and breathed on people here I'd infect a racist Tory, not really that much of an incentive to quarantine.

I joke of course. Some people might be being dickheads but that's because they don't have a clue. I've worked outside the house since this started doing crisis work, people who sit happy at home in their nice houses and privilege can fuck off with their hating. And by that I mean BHers. I wear my damn mask and have been more cautious than pretty much anyone I know but work was inevitably gonna get me.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
i know i sure havent been to any social events since february.
I have. mostly up north at the lake or lake ontario. I also stick to the same group and haven't met "strangers" since March in Dallas

this summer, more people rented private boats + yachts in Ontario than any other summer.
more "small bubbles" doing these parties as they are considered "outdoors"