Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I had bloodwork drawn a few weeks ago, and last week had annual checkup with my new primary care physician. LDL level a little elevated, but all other numbers good. Got a referral to an allergist so I can find out exactly what I am allergic to and if allergy shots would work better than the Claritin that I mainline. Appointment in a couple weeks, finishing up the last of the Claritin right now.
how r u feeling now

It's that time again. The time I wish I had socialized medicine. This year there is:
Medical Coverage: Affordable quality healthcare when you need it. ...maintain your health and to protect you from major financial hardship in the event of illness or injury.
Critical Illness Coverage: Cash payment to help cover expenses resulting from the diagnosis of a qualifying serious illness. To help with deductibles or coinsurance or other costs. (spouse and children extra)
Hospital Indemnity Coverage: Pays benefits if you have to stay in a hospital or care unit or rehab facility.
Accident Coverage: Amount paid by type of injury and care received to offset cost of bills.
EAP: Provides assistance balancing stress and anxiety, depression, and other concerns.
Amino Advocacy: Healthcare financial wellness platform.
Livongo: Help manage diabetes and hypertension.
Hinge Health: Exercise therapy program for chronic pain.
Then of course there are the life insurances, ADD insurances, disability (both long and short term) insurances. There is also the savings account to fund tax free dollars to pay for all of the services these don't cover.
All of this and yet any other country with socialized medicine has this all covered fully (and more) for a lot less than I will have to pay.