Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I'm with fly on this one - you may be eating plenty of iron but still not absorbing it because as fly is saying(but not exactly underscoring), non-heme iron doesn't get absorbed well. A common symptom of iron deficiency IS shortness of breath. THe most common suggestion for getting more non-heme iron into your blood is to eat vitamin C with the meal. If that's impractical, take a non-acid form of vitamin C(acetate not ascorbate) with your high iron meals. It won't bother your stomach, take as much as you want.
Well yeah, you drink a shit ton of booze (it's my weak spot too :rolleyes:). And many vegans eat a fairly high carb diet. We are doing zero meat and maximum low carb. Been comparing all the different grains and shit like an FDA scientist. I make/control the meals so I am shooting for about 1000 calories a day.

And now a word from Mr. Alice Cooper.

I don't actually drink much at the moment tbh. Probably averaging a couple beers a week in the past few months. I just happen to be able to drink a lot when I do drink which is why everyone here is envious :fly: booze certainly doesn't help the waistline though. Once I'm over whatever this illness is then I'm gonna try some running or something.

Spoke to GP on the phone this morning. She doesn't think it's anaemia. Thinks it's a random infection that will clear up in 2 or 3 weeks. So it's a wait and see.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and wetwillie
I don't actually drink much at the moment tbh. Probably averaging a couple beers a week in the past few months. I just happen to be able to drink a lot when I do drink which is why everyone here is envious :fly: booze certainly doesn't help the waistline though. Once I'm over whatever this illness is then I'm gonna try some running or something.

Spoke to GP on the phone this morning. She doesn't think it's anaemia. Thinks it's a random infection that will clear up in 2 or 3 weeks. So it's a wait and see.
I've been doing the low carb beer - it tastes lame enough it's easy to just stop and say meh. Basically need to slam 3-4 on an empty stomach to get any altitude. :)
I'm hoping to take up jogging again once I lose a few more lbs, more likely I'll just get a quality stepper for Christmas.. My hiking forays of late have been pretty robust - fighting through a few miles of underbrush and occasionally having to go knuckles to the ground to claw your way forward just ain't the same as a walk in the park.

ce7d6ea3c07598cc38ec2e9ef58a7e84.jpg

so i have a mild fever .. i’m posting this here cuz i get fevers with lupus a lot but today my body is a fucking mess. walking is brutal. i feel like all my joints are joint to explode with every step i take.

so for now i’m thinking it’s a lupus flare up.
my throat hurts and my tongue feels heavy + i’m nauseous. i’ve cried 2x since 7am.

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie
i met a HOT guy in the emergency room. we were waiting together. i had no lashes or make up on!
he had soooo many tattoos :swoon:
he had an accident at the Ford Plant so he’s one of those yummy blue collar boys. ugh so hot

oh he’s here because he twisted his leg as he was running up the stairs at the plant and one of his testicles twisted lol his left ball was the size of a coconut!
he’s gone in for an ultrasound. Hope is see Mr Coconut again! he was dreamy with his rough hands and factory + old spice deodorant scent

i met a HOT guy in the emergency room. we were waiting together. i had no lashes or make up on!
he had an accident at the Ford Plant so he’s one of those yummy blue collar boys. ugh so hot

oh he’s here because he twisted his leg as he was running up the stairs at the plant and one of his testicles twisted lol his left ball was the size of a coconut!
he’s gone in for an ultrasound. Hope is see Mr Coconut again! he was dreamy with his rough hands and factory + old spice deodorant scent
If ceo reads this he’s going to ban you from emergency rooms.

In addition to all your other many maladies you were also born with no eyelashes?

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
I had bloodwork drawn a few weeks ago, and last week had annual checkup with my new primary care physician. LDL level a little elevated, but all other numbers good. Got a referral to an allergist so I can find out exactly what I am allergic to and if allergy shots would work better than the Claritin that I mainline. Appointment in a couple weeks, finishing up the last of the Claritin right now.

I had bloodwork drawn a few weeks ago, and last week had annual checkup with my new primary care physician. LDL level a little elevated, but all other numbers good. Got a referral to an allergist so I can find out exactly what I am allergic to and if allergy shots would work better than the Claritin that I mainline. Appointment in a couple weeks, finishing up the last of the Claritin right now.
Claritin + Flonase is life.