Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

I've also had a leaking IV line, after the IV line and needle were removed from my hand (was getting discharged), the nurse just left Midway though the procedure. Meanwhile my hand is bleeding rather profusely on my bed, the remote, hand rail, etc. After several minutes of waiting, I hit the nurse call button, a CNA or some low level worker comes in, freaks out with the amount of blood on the floor and bed, and screams for the nurse to come back. Who apologies for leaving me without bandaging my hand after removing the needle and IV line. Moron. I was so pissed. Do not recommend.

i just fainted reading this

Not sure that's ever been a problem for her.

girl no!

giphy.gif

so i’m going in for a scan that requires a special dye via IV (fml)
this was scheduled for tomorrow but for
some reason, the drs want it asap

1st scan focused on my kidneys and they just stumbled upon my diverticulitis, but now they are doing a more thorough exam to see it all.

so well wishes and positive vibes are very welcome right about meow

1st scan focused on my kidneys and they just stumbled upon my diverticulitis, but now they are doing a more thorough exam to see it all.

Get better bitch.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly

See all of what? What else could there be?!?!

the fkn Dr said to me AND I QUOTE “ at this point we are dealing with your diverticulitis..”

and i was like WTF DOES THAT MEAN
Geezus, I know they don't want to worry you before they know things for sure, but he could have said it better. Grr.

Good luck Maureen and thanks for the updates.

My longest stay was 39 days and it took them weeks to figure out what was wrong with me, and they figured it out by ruling out everything it wasn’t. I have dozens of little circular scars all over my body that appear after a shower where they took biopsies. I remember that day clear as a bell. They took at least fiddy skin samples.

I’m glad you’re getting care!

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and Petunia