Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Good luck Maureen and thanks for the updates.

My longest stay was 39 days and it took them weeks to figure out what was wrong with me, and they figured it out by ruling out everything it wasn’t. I have dozens of little circular scars all over my body that appear after a shower where they took biopsies. I remember that day clear as a bell. They took at least fiddy skin samples.

I’m glad you’re getting care!

39 !!! wow that’s so long!
i cant even imagine

did you have visitors?
this covid shit sucks

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
ok latest update:

so the infection is going down! and my blood is clean again and almost back to normal (cold blooded)
however the inflammation is exactly the same and hasn’t budged at all, which means that i can go thur this whole shit all over again imminently.

i am not a candidate for surgery as i am super high risk because of my suppressed immune system and i can’t get a WORSE infection with the quickness.
so surgery is off the table unless it’s to save my
life

so because of the lupus, everything is happening at a s-l-o-w as fuck pace.

they have altered my meds + fluids and i have to ride it out here. How much longer? she said one day at a time but for me to get comfy

my pain is down to a 5-7 so that’s good.

fever is still lingering here and there but always low grade and i puke a lot
i still have to remain on a liquid diet and i’m so hungry. even for a crumb or two

my mom sent me a care package with this little nightgown that belongs in @domon’s museum of Nana duds from yesteryear

ok latest update:

so the infection is going down! and my blood is clean again and almost back to normal (cold blooded)
however the inflammation is exactly the same and hasn’t budged at all, which means that i can go thur this whole shit all over again imminently.

i am not a candidate for surgery as i am super high risk because of my suppressed immune system and i can’t get a WORSE infection with the quickness.
life

they have altered my meds + fluids and i have to ride it out here. How much longer? she said one day at a time but for me to get comfy

i still have to remain on a liquid diet and i’m so hungry. even for a crumb or two

my mom sent me a care package with this little nightgown that belongs in @domon’s museum of Nana duds from yesteryear
she knows you're nana kiki & she wants you to live up to it

ok latest update:

life

You must be getting skinny! :drool:

39 !!! wow that’s so long!
i cant even imagine

did you have visitors?
this covid shit sucks

In fact, no. Not that time. I think my mom and brother may have come early on but never returned because PPE was required and that entire floor of the hospital was riddled with a MRSA outbreak, making visits scary to say the least.

The part that sucked the worst was that it was during the holidays so I got to spend Christmas and NYE there.

I was literally on the island of misfit toys.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
In fact, no. Not that time. I think my mom and brother may have come early on but never returned because PPE was required and that entire floor of the hospital was riddled with a MRSA outbreak, making visits scary to say the least.

The part that sucked the worst was that it was during the holidays so I got to spend Christmas and NYE there.

I was literally on the island of misfit toys.

omg this makes me so sad
i’m sorry you went thru this.

part of me is ok with this no visitor rule cuz i just her to rest and focus on my treatment. it gets boring at time and i’m starving but otherwise it’s not the end of the world for me

omg this makes me so sad
i’m sorry you went thru this.

part of me is ok with this no visitor rule cuz i just her to rest and focus on my treatment. it gets boring at time and i’m starving but otherwise it’s not the end of the world for me

Don’t be sad for me, let me be sad and worried for you.

If you are ever allowed food again, ask if they have graham crackers and pudding. Eat the pudding using the crackers as spoons you bite.

I got hooked on that, and nightly root beer floats I made myself out of those stupid ice cream cups that come with mini wooden spoons and Barq’s.

Don’t be sad for me, let me be sad and worried for you.

If you are ever allowed food again, ask if they have graham crackers and pudding. Eat the pudding using the crackers as spoons you bite.

I got hooked on that, and nightly root beer floats I made myself out of those stupid ice cream cups that come with mini wooden spoons and Barq’s.
#hospitalhacks

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
@Maureen, we tried that show you requested ... the Old Christne one... and omg, it's horrible. The laugh track?!

Anyways, have anything better you want to watch? lol

i’m almost done !!!
hmm i’ve never seen Sex in The City or Desperate Housewives and they seem up my alley

hmmmm i loveeee will +
grace but i think it’s already up there

i don’t know what to pick. it’s so overwhelming lol

part of me wants little house on the prairie lmaoooo

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
i’m almost done !!!
hmm i’ve never seen Sex in The City or Desperate Housewives and they seem up my alley

hmmmm i loveeee will +
grace but i think it’s already up there

i don’t know what to pick. it’s so overwhelming lol

part of me wants little house on the prairie lmaoooo
when I feel shitty, I fall back on old favorites, both for the comfort and because of the stress of trying to pick something new lol. I've watched Buffy a thousand times and I'll watch it a thousand more.