Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

@Domon The maker of arguably the best cooking thermometer on the planet now makes a non contact human thermometer. I remember you having accuracy issues, so thought you might find it interesting.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
@Domon The maker of arguably the best cooking thermometer on the planet now makes a non contact human thermometer. I remember you having accuracy issues, so thought you might find it interesting.
we bought a fancypants ear one that works solidly now, but it seems like the NC ones are rapidly replacing ear therms

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
might it have to do with temp taken at the wrist not being accurate?
yes, very inaccurate. In some temps the case or strap is insulating the wrist, in others cooling.
It would be a liability to put out a product that people might rely on for medical decisions when it isn't accurate enough for the job.

Damn daughter broke her arm on her skateboard on Thursday. It's a greenstick fracture up by the wrist. She's doing OK, but it's just as well that swim team is cancelled this summer, since she's gonna be in a cast for half of it.

Can't wait to see how much comes out of pocket through my shit insurance for that one. Trip to the doctor, trip to the radiologist, trip to the doctor, trip to the orthopedist (plus a sling and a cast, I'm sure those are both thousands of dollars each)