Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Somehow, my dilaudid line was kinked when they put me on IV drugs after the big surgery, so I spent a whole night not getting any pain meds.

They transitioned me to tramadol the next day (which is some kind of NSAID, instead of an opiate), but when they came in the next morning I was pissed after they figured out what was wrong.
What a shit nurse you had.

Once I had a surgical patient who told me when I came on shift that he was still hurting despite the PCA dilaudid. It was hooked up wrong, and there was a puddle of dilaudid on the floor.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and adi
Oh they're not that bad come on.

I once reshingled an entire garage in a single day thanks to morphne. Even managed to drag a whole bundle of those things across my leg pretty much sanding all the skin off and I didn't even notice.
5% I have dead people due to those drugs.
Not a fan.

I forgot to mention how fucking ITCHY my stupid tiddies are all the time. jfc. and whenever I go outside, the cold makes my nips hurt so bad, despite layers and layers of clothing to protect them. and then the other day, my tiddyveins decided to fucking engorge? and I kept getting sharp pains in the tiddies. it was v v rude and I'm disappointed in their behavior tbh

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Immigrant
I really liked pharm type speed. Swim had some uncut pharma amphetamine sulfate -me and 2 friends went on a spree after splitting a matchhead worth. 24 hrs of crazy.
Albeit, that shit can kill you.
#chatteringlikeachimp

I have a real dislike for amphetamines. Like an irrational "the only good methhead is a dead one" level dislike.
Just seen the wreckage from too many people I've known/played with/worked with I guess.
Spending the night nodding off drooling on yourself is one thing. Being amped up for 4 days reigning unholy terror upon everyone, crashing for a few hours, waking up thinking "I got some sleep, I'm OK", then repeating step one is quite another.

The opioid thing is dumb knee jerk from handing them out like candy to being scared to prescribe them to people who really do benefit from them else they live in excruciating, kill-me-now level pain. It's just opposite extremes of dumb.

I've never seen positive effects from amphetamines.

I forgot to mention how fucking ITCHY my stupid tiddies are all the time. jfc. and whenever I go outside, the cold makes my nips hurt so bad, despite layers and layers of clothing to protect them. and then the other day, my tiddyveins decided to fucking engorge? and I kept getting sharp pains in the tiddies. it was v v rude and I'm disappointed in their behavior tbh

Now you're just teasing.

5%- all the best to you and yours. I've known some women that felt swollen/uncomfortable type duller pain but not what you're describing. I really don't know what might help.

If cold aggravates it then heat?

Hot shower, heating pad, topical cremes like "deep heat"? Idk.

They must still make those battery powered electric heat socks, like for people who work outside in the winter or hunters who sit in the tree stand for hours.
Something like that fastened to or in the bra?

Also those chemical hand warmer pads you can slip inside gloves or wherever you need them.

Now you're just teasing.

5%- all the best to you and yours. I've known some women that felt swollen/uncomfortable type duller pain but not what you're describing. I really don't know what might help.
Use witch hazel on them then fragrance free lotion or hydrocortizone for itch. Pain topical ointments. Spray topicals. Hair dryer for heat. Podwer free of .talc.

Use witch hazel on them then fragrance free lotion or hydrocortizone for itch. Pain topical ointments. Spray topicals. Hair dryer for heat. Podwer free of .talc.

Battery deer hunting socks are way cooler than any of that stuff.
So cool they might inspire kid #2 sooner than anticipated tho.