Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Are you sure it's turmeric?

Not sure I'd trust food from someone who came after me with a machete.
That was before the kids were born. There have been no large knife attacks since the kids were born. She may have smashed a guitar but it wasn't worth much and I may have had that coming.

Yeah, the fancy meds didn't do much for me except make me itchy and detached.

But you gotta avoid all that shit now that you're druggin' for two.
I had hydrocodone? when I had my wisdom toof out (thankfully only grew the one) and I threw up a bunch, it was a fucking TERRIBLE experience, not least of which bc of how my ex reacted to all of it. when I had my septoplasty, they gave me Tylenol with codeine and I think I only used like, one dose. not because I'm some badass with a high pain tolerance, im actually a huge fucking baby, I mostly just hate taking meds, but also with the opiates etc. I'm terrified of getting hooked so I just, like, don't wanna give myself the opportunity to find out i enjoy that particular form of escapism.

I had hydrocodone? when I had my wisdom toof out (thankfully only grew the one) and I threw up a bunch, it was a fucking TERRIBLE experience, not least of which bc of how my ex reacted to all of it. when I had my septoplasty, they gave me Tylenol with codeine and I think I only used like, one dose. not because I'm some badass with a high pain tolerance, im actually a huge fucking baby, I mostly just hate taking meds, but also with the opiates etc. I'm terrified of getting hooked so I just, like, don't wanna give myself the opportunity to find out i enjoy that particular form of escapism.
Damn, is addiction something that runs in the fambly?

I took one roxicet after the big surgery and sat on the couch looking at my reflection in a spoon for like an hour, still in pain. I decided then that I didn't want to feel like that anymore, so I switched over to non-opiates.

I took one roxicet after the big surgery and sat on the couch looking at my reflection in a spoon for like an hour, still in pain. I decided then that I didn't want to feel like that anymore, so I switched over to non-opiates.

That’s how they mostly work and why even Sativa weed can be helpful to reduce pain, via not caring about it as much.

idk about genetics for me, but my personality for sure. I definitely actually obsess over stuff and do it to excess, and then with my anxiety & ocd i get intrusive thoughts about bad shit like becoming addicted (or like, accidentally running someone over, etc, just random bad shit, where my brain is like "ok but what if you do this? what if youre doing it RIGHT NOW ans you dont even know it?") and perseverate on it, so it's easier to just avoid the opportunity where I bc it helps shut the dumb dick brain stuff up

Nukes’ post about IV drugs made me remember when I was getting massive injections of prednisone in the hospital, they’d insert the needle into my IV line, push the plunger, and within a few seconds I felt like I had a million tiny spiders crawling out of my asshole.
oof, prednisone is one of my bad memories too. They'd push that on me and then I'd have horrible 'roid mood swings from intense anger to crying helplessness. They couldn't _not_ use it on me, though, so after day 3 of that shit, they started dosing me up with ativan at the same time, which let me sleep through the whole chemo cycle. Hooray barbituates!

oof, prednisone is one of my bad memories too. They'd push that on me and then I'd have horrible 'roid mood swings from intense anger to crying helplessness. They couldn't _not_ use it on me, though, so after day 3 of that shit, they started dosing me up with ativan at the same time, which let me sleep through the whole chemo cycle. Hooray barbituates!

Yeah, emotions. I’ve already relayed my Island of misfit toys story here, so I won’t bore anyone with it again. I was on a mega dose for almost two weeks and I think I slept a whole 90 minutes during that time.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Nukes’ post about IV drugs made me remember when I was getting massive injections of prednisone in the hospital, they’d insert the needle into my IV line, push the plunger, and within a few seconds I felt like I had a million tiny spiders crawling out of my asshole.
I was a full-blown junkie for 3 days when they took me off of that shit trust me

I was a full-blown junkie for 3 days when they took me off of that shit trust me
Somehow, my dilaudid line was kinked when they put me on IV drugs after the big surgery, so I spent a whole night not getting any pain meds.

They transitioned me to tramadol the next day (which is some kind of NSAID, instead of an opiate), but when they came in the next morning I was pissed after they figured out what was wrong.