Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Yaup, I've debated spray tanning because of my splotches. I bet I'd look like Lindsay Lohan before her coke days... Minus the boobs.
Healthwise, def better than UV

now that that's out of the way. . .

If you go to an actual booth where you don't strip down to have someone else spray you with a spray gun {you know, the 'I'm shy. leave me alone.' style} The best biz owners will have newbies buy a 3 pack as their 'intro.' The promo is like "Spray Tan New customer, 3 for 1" or some other ridiculous promo. You'll have good results the first time, but by the 3rd time you go you'll know what you're doing in there, know how to put on the barrier cream, stand so no spots are missed, etc. Too many peeps after just one are like, 'it's OK, but I thought it would be better.' After #3, it's "I got this shit."

Healthwise, def better than UV

now that that's out of the way. . .

If you go to an actual booth where you don't strip down to have someone else spray you with a spray gun {you know, the 'I'm shy. leave me alone.' style} The best biz owners will have newbies buy a 3 pack as their 'intro.' The promo is like "Spray Tan New customer, 3 for 1" or some other ridiculous promo. You'll have good results the first time, but by the 3rd time you go you'll know what you're doing in there, know how to put on the barrier cream, stand so no spots are missed, etc. Too many peeps after just one are like, 'it's OK, but I thought it would be better.' After #3, it's "I got this shit."

you're very experienced with spray tanning. I dont know what to think about that, and have a temptation to make political comments.

you're very experienced with spray tanning. I dont know what to think about that, and have a temptation to make political comments.
20+ years financing health & beauty stuffs. I've been to more tradeshows and seen demos of more equipment varieties of equipment than I ever thought useful.

I went to a UV tan place and the unit was great, but the aftermarket bulbs sucked ass so I asked who the manager was. Mgr came over & ended up concluded by telling me not to worry everything was fine. I told her 'That's not how the unit works. If you told Jeff [she didn't know I knew who the owner was] that he'd have every reason to let you go on the spot.'

I have WAY too much info about this stuff. :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
RensToothache-RS-00387.jpg

Fuckin finger's getting to me again.

As a result of the great MRSA calamity of 2017 that mobilized all the bone fragments inside the old wound from 2001, I now have this sort of horn of fingernail that grows adjacent to the already fucked up fingernail. Every so often, I snag it and rip it out (it goes down about 1/2" into the finger), and it bleeds for a few days, then starts to grow back again.

Wondering if I shouldn't go the Ultra-marathon route and dump some carbolic acid down the hole to see if it'll kill the thing dead and not come back.

Guess I should discuss it with the doctor who did my hand job last time.

MRSA is a bitch, and so are the antibiotics used (or they attempt to use) to treat it. I had an IV antibiotic that sucked the life out of me. About a quarter of my surgeries were removing rotten meat and debriding.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots