Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

So, last year I got stung by a wasp for the first time ever. Was never stung by anything my entire life. It made me sick with a migrainy headache, bad nausea, fatigue ...

Thennnn, last month ,I got stung SIX times all at once. 5 in one area of my hand. The pain was like child labor, all in my hand. I can't even describe the pain, & I thought I had a high tolerance.

Butttttt, barely any sickness from it! 6 m'fkg wasps at once, & barely a headache, but the first ever sting make me super sick.

Medical mysteries.
Are the Oz wasps super venomous like the spiders and snakes?

That first sting might have partly immunized you so the second attack (ouch!) wasn't as bad. Or a different kind of wasp.

I stepped on a wasp last year sometime and it stung my on the bottom of the foot. It was very mild. The last time i was stung before that was at like age 8 or 9, and i remember it being a lot rougher. I wonder if it actually was, or if my perception is just off.

Got stung by a white bottomed black bald faced hornet on the side of my knee as a kid and it swelled up to two knee sizes .
Bald.faced_.hornet.side_.jpg

I got stung by a bee about a year and a half ago while riding the motorcycle. Fucking think got me right on top of the adams apple. I'm so lucky I'm not allergic.

I didn't realize it for about 30 seconds that it wasn't just a rock that came up and hit me in the neck. That's what it initially felt like, I've had that happen a few times before. But then after a few seconds it started to feel like ok, maybe the rock nicked the skin and now it's an open wound. Stop the bike to check it out, look int he mirror, son of a bitch, it's a bee sting. I had a target over my adams apple for three days.

I got stung by a bee about a year and a half ago while riding the motorcycle. Fucking think got me right on top of the adams apple. I'm so lucky I'm not allergic.

I didn't realize it for about 30 seconds that it wasn't just a rock that came up and hit me in the neck. That's what it initially felt like, I've had that happen a few times before. But then after a few seconds it started to feel like ok, maybe the rock nicked the skin and now it's an open wound. Stop the bike to check it out, look int he mirror, son of a bitch, it's a bee sting. I had a target over my adams apple for three days.

brutal location , did you end up talking funny ?

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
There MUST be bigger scarier ones in Australia .
Lol no. They're the same assholes over here. I've seen ginormous hornets in the US

There are these things, (Australian Hornet - a type of Potter Wasp), buzzing around a certain part of the house, up by a gutter. But, like hell am I getting up there to spray them down. Cannottt imagine getting stung by one of these suckers. They're huge!