Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Ow.

Started to get shit out to mow the yard. Opened the garage door into the top of my foot. Took a chunk out of the top of my foot about 3/4" by 3/16" and down pretty deep. How deep is the third layer of skin on the top of your foot? I know I took off all the top layer.

Ow.

Started to get shit out to mow the yard. Opened the garage door into the top of my foot. Took a chunk out of the top of my foot about 3/4" by 3/16" and down pretty deep. How deep is the third layer of skin on the top of your foot? I know I took off all the top layer.

The top part of your foot has pretty thin skin on most of it. Clean, ice, compress, and elevate. It's going to want to swell up.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
The top part of your foot has pretty thin skin on most of it. Clean, ice, compress, and elevate. It's going to want to swell up.
dd3f90cc3b62e0c2f520cb2f1fa0caa5.jpg

That's the kind that hurts like hell, it's just to that one depth of skin that is very tender.

You know those weird bandaids that are waterproof and stay on for a few days? They are kind of puffy? I'll post a picture. Anyway, they will stop things rubbing against and irritating. Warning, they are a pain to remove.

844f9cea11801b87519f3bd71c24ed81.jpg

Cleaning with plain saline between bandage changes is fine unless it gets visibly dirty. Better than hydrogen peroxide, which is harsh on the tissues: dilute it if you use it.

That's the kind that hurts like hell, it's just to that one depth of skin that is very tender.

You know those weird bandaids that are waterproof and stay on for a few days? They are kind of puffy? I'll post a picture. Anyway, they will stop things rubbing against and irritating. Warning, they are a pain to remove.

844f9cea11801b87519f3bd71c24ed81.jpg

Cleaning with plain saline between bandage changes is fine unless it gets visibly dirty. Better than hydrogen peroxide, which is harsh on the tissues: dilute it if you use it.
I like the bandaid brand ones that are labelled "flexible fabric"

I'll probably wear a bandaid for a couple days then let it scab. After it scabs is the part that's annoying as the scab will catch on shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots