Handgun Sales

mm_guns.gif

the UK started out banning handguns, now they've banned imitation samurai swords, and it's illegal to carry an ax or chainsaw down the street.

where does it end?

fyi, it's not to extremely hard to make a hand gun... i bet tools and raw materials could be had for under a grand.

What do you guys think we should have for gun laws? illegal? ban? open to anyone? Sell at Toys R Us?

If you could chose the law, what would you make it?

1. Mandatory gun safety classes required between the ages of 10 and 18.
2. Guns should be sold anywhere for any price, concealed and carried, etc.
3. People who use guns for armed criminal activities like robbing a liqour store, carjacking, murder, etc. (anything not self defense) - mandatory death penalty. Bystanders who kill such a person - $25,000 reward for saving the gov't the legal expense of prosecuting the guy.

You wanna clean up crime, take it to the extreme and it'll get cleaned up really quickly.

We should also have meth institutions where people that wanna do that crap can go and do it all they want inside a controlled environment... most will be dead in a couple of weeks probably.

Link? I would be interested in seeing that(not that i dont believe you)

You are comparing something thats primary design is to kill and cannot be used for anything else to things that "could possibly kill you if used incorrectly". I really dont see how that argument can even be used

"If we ban guns we should ban toaster ovens cause you can hit someone with one and kill them"

To me that is not something you can debate, makes little sense to even consider that argument. A gun is made for the sole purpose of killing, period. It does not double as a butter spreader or a less than lethal source of protection, it is 1 thing, lethal.

Personally I feel that we should have full background checks on anyone going to purchase a hand gun and a longer waiting period. 3 days, if that, for a gun is horribly to soon. Shit here in Florida you can go to any Gun Show and pick up a piece while you wait for your elephant ear to finish frying. I know that is not completely truthful/legal but it is seriously that easy to get a gun. All I am really saying is EDUCATE/TEST/BACKGROUND and not just a weekend wait. I completely understand you want your freedom to shoot but safety should come first especially when dealing with a item made specifically for killing.

Its funny, growing up as a kid I was more comfortable around guns than knives. It was always the understanding that it takes two components to make a gun fire... while a knife you can pull out of any kitchen drawer and have a fillet fest.

Everyone has access to a nice sharp knife, even children that are three feet tall and can reach into a drawer and stab their siblings like in the cartoons. You can't fully protect the public by putting laws and bans on items deemed unsafe, its better to educate.

That whole parental technique of confiscating the item whenever they want.... yeah like you didn't sneak in tv time, or phone time when you were grounded from it... you just became more smert about hiding it.

Thats what we need, people hiding guns and becoming stupidly smert about hiding them.

Its funny, growing up as a kid I was more comfortable around guns than knives. It was always the understanding that it takes two components to make a gun fire... while a knife you can pull out of any kitchen drawer and have a fillet fest.

Everyone has access to a nice sharp knife, even children that are three feet tall and can reach into a drawer and stab their siblings like in the cartoons. You can't fully protect the public by putting laws and bans on items deemed unsafe, its better to educate.

That whole parental technique of confiscating the item whenever they want.... yeah like you didn't sneak in tv time, or phone time when you were grounded from it... you just became more smert about hiding it.

Thats what we need, people hiding guns and becoming stupidly smert about hiding them.

An uneducated knife holder is not as bad as an uneducated gun holder no matter how you look at it. I completely agree with you that we need to further education on gun control, however that does not mean we should make it easy to obtain them. There should be an extensive class to not only train you but also see if you are even worthy of owning a gun. Police have to, why shouldn't regular people? I would not worry about the handler of the gun if they had to do full police training to own one. I wouldn't be as worried about the people who illegally obtain guns because I have trained citizens around me with guns. Educate is a major part but we need to do so much more than just educate.

Both my parents are from Vermont and all my family lives there. I love it up there but it is very old school. They passed a state beautification law back in the 40s that doesn't allow for the building of anything that is an eye sore (i.e. billboards and cell phone towers). Most of the towns/cities there are classified as villages and don’t have their own police they just rely on the state and county cops.

That sounds cool floptical.

I wonder how much the accidental shooting rate would go down if we could just teach thugs not to try to shoot their guns turned to the side.