Going after Comcast

ERage

Giant Member
Nov 7, 2005
Marklar
₥10
So for the last 2 weeks I've had no internet at home. I wont go into heavy details at this point but I have had to take 3 vacation days to meet techs and only 1 showed up and he was an hour and a half late after a 4 hour window. The other two never came by or called. The tech that did show up couldn't fix the problem.

This cripples me because I work a lot remotely and I've had to drive to the site to work which is often far across town. I am still out of service and I have a forth tech supposedly coming this saturday...so I will be out of service for at least 1 more week.

Their managers have offered me a whopping 30 bucks to cover the lack of internet for the 3 weeks. As if my 3 lost vacation days, gas money, and time lost having to work on site is worth 30 Fing dollars. What an insult.

I have a detailed log compiled, dates, times, names, etc. that tells the whole story so far and I am going to send it to everybody who will listen along with a disgruntled letter to see what Comcast does about it. Their phone people aren't doing crap.

My content for this thread/Question is:

How to find mailing addresses for these guys. I'd like to send a letter to Brian Roberts, CEO himself. For now I'd settle for sending some letters to their customer satisfaction department.

Can anybody find mailing addresses for any appropriate areas of that company? I've been digging around their website and all I get is the useless webform email page which I won't use because I want to send certified mail signature required.

Let fly coach you on this, he's seriously the master. Don't send letters, the secretaries throw them away anyways!

while that does suck, I don't know how much recourse you have in this regard with a residential connection...if you had been paying for business class service that would be another story entirely but I'm guessing that's not the case

I'm sure they'll offer some sort of compensation to make up for the techs wasting your time but the business/vacation aspects are of no concern to them here it would seem

Pandora said:
Tell them you are canceling your service and then go with Bellsouth. We've never had a problem with them and they are super cheap! Course...that's because thac's employer pays for it. :fly:

the bandwidth they(bellsouth) offer is terrible in comparison and the company will pay for a cable connection too...I'm going to switch ours out of my roommates name so the company will pay

April23 said:
Let fly coach you on this, he's seriously the master. Don't send letters, the secretaries throw them away anyways!

This is prolly true. Whenever we get complaint letters about our services they go into a pile of others that get address whenever someone has time....which is usually about once a week. If you want to send letters, send em to the BBB.

why_ask_why said:
the bandwidth they(bellsouth) offer is terrible in comparison and the company will pay for a cable connection too...I'm going to switch ours out of my roommates name so the company will pay

Terrible as it may be, we have service that we've never lost it. It's better than what Erage has at the moment. And every time we've delt with their people they've been plesant and quick to respond. Tho I'll have to talk to the boy to find out about this cable bidness.

Pandora said:
If you want to send letters, send em to the BBB.
Who is so pro-business that its pretty much useless. If the BBB forwards a complaint to a company and the company says they've resolved it, the case is closed (regardless if anything is done or not...)

Pandora said:
:iono: I'm just trying to make suggestions here Mr. Helpful. :p
imho, he's more likely to get oil by being persistant and annoying, but never raising his voice. Get a supervisor, and get their number to call them back. it forces them to take ownership of the problem. If that doesn't work, obviously just go higher. The trick is being calm, but persistantly annoying to them.

fly said:
imho, he's more likely to get oil by being persistant and annoying, but never raising his voice. Get a supervisor, and get their number to call them back. it forces them to take ownership of the problem. If that doesn't work, obviously just go higher. The trick is being calm, but persistantly annoying to them.

And be sure to use plenty of racial slurs.

fly said:

True. Definatly stay calm. Mean doesn't motivate people to act. It usually just motivates them to avoid the issue....least it does with me.

"So you're saying that you must be paid tomorrow or you'll hold all two of our orders?!?....well hang on a sec while I talk to my manager." *click* :turnsonvmail:

Well I've spoken to a manager at their jacksonville call center who said the maximum he can offer given the above described situation was 3 weeks credit. He refused to compensate me at all for lost money, time, vacation... bastards. This was after I kept him on the phone for an hour.

What burns me more is that they scheduled appointments and missed 2 of them while I took freaking time off and was home. They did not hold up their end of the deal!

Last edited: