Going after Comcast

Pandora said:
True. Definatly stay calm. Mean doesn't motivate people to act. It usually just motivates them to avoid the issue....least it does with me.

"So you're saying that you must be paid tomorrow or you'll hold all two of our orders?!?....well hang on a sec while I talk to my manager." *click* :turnsonvmail:

I've never raised my voice, only repeated the facts of the case so far to reiterate how bastardish they have been. The thing is, they truthfully could care less.

Also, I would consider DSL but I have a VOIP telephone service that I would hate to lose. To have DSL means you already have to have a regular phone hooked up. Plus the DSL bandwidth does suck in comparison to cable and that makes a big difference given the work I do.

ERage said:
Well I've spoken to a manager at their jacksonville call center who said the maximum he can offer given the above described situation was 3 weeks credit. He refused to compensate me at all for lost money, time, vacation... bastards. This was after I kept him on the phone for an hour.
Are you satisfied with his answer? If not, find out who his boss is. A good tactic when things seem to be going south is to ask who that person reports to at the beginning of the call. That way, when you're done, you can contact the boss to either complain about the person or commend them.

April23 said:
As stated before, they don't care.

It's true, Comcast sucks. But is there really a competitor? I mean honestly, if the problem isn't fixed by this weekend I will cancel the service and just pay more per month for DSL and standard telephone. Screw 'em, slow internet is better than none.

fly said:
Are you satisfied with his answer? If not, find out who his boss is. A good tactic when things seem to be going south is to ask who that person reports to at the beginning of the call. That way, when you're done, you can contact the boss to either complain about the person or commend them.

I'm halfway holding out to do the whole climbing the chain of command thing until after the service is restored. that way I have a clear and complete log of my losses and pains so that I can be compensated in full if they are willing to do it. It is still an unresolved issue. My calls thus far have been why the hell are your techs not showing up when I take time off to meet them and when the hell are you guys going to get the problem fixed.

Pandora said:
True. Definatly stay calm. Mean doesn't motivate people to act. It usually just motivates them to avoid the issue....least it does with me.

"So you're saying that you must be paid tomorrow or you'll hold all two of our orders?!?....well hang on a sec while I talk to my manager." *click* :turnsonvmail:
Yelling also forces a person to take a stance, no matter if its wrong or not. Once they have taken that stance, you're more likely to get a blowjob from them than get the person to take back whatever they said.

fly said:
Yelling also forces a person to take a stance, no matter if its wrong or not. Once they have taken that stance, you're more likely to get a blowjob from them than get the person to take back whatever they said.

Yelling isn't something I do anyways, I yell at the cat when she pukes on my bed. I don't yell during business, that just doesn't do anything. I know for a fact that if you use profanity they can hang up on you, but if you are straight up about it they are not supposed to hang up until you tell them it is okay.

ERage said:
It's true, Comcast sucks. But is there really a competitor? I mean honestly, if the problem isn't fixed by this weekend I will cancel the service and just pay more per month for DSL and standard telephone. Screw 'em, slow internet is better than none.

Got FIOS?

Comcast is the evil empire imo. We've had more trouble with them than anyone ever. Fortunately, we don't see too much of them here in Ohio. DSL and a satellite for tv works great.

I've been so frustrated with a company before I've called random people within the organization until I got someone who would help. I've talked to PR people for a company that managed to get someone to help me very quickly. You'll be hard pressed to find Brian Roberts' info on the web, but you could send a letter to his attention at the corporate headquarters. You can even call there just saying that you wanted to confirm the address for Mr. Roberts before mailing a package he's expecting. They'll prolly confirm it for you.

Comcast Corporation Headquarters
1500 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
215-665-1700

It's worth a shot if you are really that frustrated. I've been on both ends of the deal though. Being a customer service rep at a place like that is almost as frustrating as being the customer. Remember that when you talk to a phone drone.

eileenbunny said:
Comcast is the evil empire imo. We've had more trouble with them than anyone ever. Fortunately, we don't see too much of them here in Ohio. DSL and a satellite for tv works great.

I've been so frustrated with a company before I've called random people within the organization until I got someone who would help. I've talked to PR people for a company that managed to get someone to help me very quickly. You'll be hard pressed to find Brian Roberts' info on the web, but you could send a letter to his attention at the corporate headquarters. You can even call there just saying that you wanted to confirm the address for Mr. Roberts before mailing a package he's expecting. They'll prolly confirm it for you.

Comcast Corporation Headquarters
1500 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
215-665-1700

It's worth a shot if you are really that frustrated. I've been on both ends of the deal though. Being a customer service rep at a place like that is almost as frustrating as being the customer. Remember that when you talk to a phone drone.

Their customer service people have been absolutely fine. I've called so much the last 2 weeks I've randomly gotten the same girl twice. I believe it is the local dispatch and field techs that are screwing me over. That joined with the lack of management response. Tonight after work I'm going by one of the branch offices to bitch at (I mean talk to :D) anyone in there to see what's up.

my favorite thing to say to the phone rep in these situations is something along the lines of,"I know these aren't your policies personally or that you didn't stand me up waiting for service so hopefully you can understand my frustration." ...getting them on your side is key to successful resolution and this often works wonders

The people who actually make policy and could take care of you dont care. You pay what maybe 1000$ a year for their service? There are literally millions of people like you out there. If you had a multi-million dollar contract things would be different, if you had the means to sue or make their lives hard things would be different. But you dont.

why_ask_why said:
my favorite thing to say to the phone rep in these situations is something along the lines of,"I know these aren't your policies personally or that you didn't stand me up waiting for service so hopefully you can understand my frustration." ...getting them on your side is key to successful resolution and this often works wonders

Customer service sucks nowadays, that doesn't even seem to help anymore . . .