Going after Comcast

b_sinning said:
Erage where do you live at in Savannah?

My cable service was screwed up this morning. It wants me to register again. Bastards.

I am in southside, in windsor forest right behind AASU. I am told that my problem over the last 2 weeks has been due to bad signal to noise ratio due to a network upgrade that happened a couple of weeks ago. Supposedly they are upgrading so they can offer Comcast VOIP service in the near future.

Thing is, I find it hard to believe that an entire area would be offline for 2 weeks and nobody doing anything about it. I talked to the neighbors, nobody else has any problem. :mad:

I've developed a new protest idea. I call it a shit in. I will visit my branch office each day until my problem is fixed. I will proceed to take a dump in their toilet and not flush. I'll leave a copy of my grievance letter along side it. Each day I will eat worse and worse food for lunch. Soon I will progress to laxatives. Eventually I will begin to digress from the bathroom and use their office plants. My shit can be very persuasive.

fly said:
Who is so pro-business that its pretty much useless. If the BBB forwards a complaint to a company and the company says they've resolved it, the case is closed (regardless if anything is done or not...)

If you have 17 complaints in a 3 day period your office is stripped of all of its computers and the FBI watches you go pee. I swear this has never happened to our office :D . We were found completely innocent ;)

lost 1 month of production because of it though

BeeRad said:
If you have 17 complaints in a 3 day period your office is stripped of all of its computers and the FBI watches you go pee. I swear this has never happened to our office :D . We were found completely innocent ;)

lost 1 month of production because of it though

What kind of complaints were you getting??? Company van hanging around elementary school playgrounds or something?

ERage said:
What kind of complaints were you getting??? Company van hanging around elementary school playgrounds or something?

Nahhh well that too but it was all because one of our old clients had a vendetta against my boss and new the laws... Called a bunch of our old customers, lied to them, they called and complained and then we get the FBI in our office:mad:

April23 said:
If you didn't live in the boonies...

I don't live in the boonies, I live in a city that seems to always be 50 years out of date :p

Update: My service is back on...for now...we'll see how long it lasts or if it is still intermittent.

Pandora said:
50 yrs out of date is the boonies. Atlanta > Savannah See you were prolly thinking the boonies meant country. However country would be more like bumblescrew or themiddleoffuckingnowhere.

I suppose, every day I take a crap I think to myself, TAKE THAT SAVANNAH, I SHIT ON YOU AGAIN!

i've got a buddy that works for comcast - i told him about your situation and he basically said comcast doesn't give a shit about issues or what not since they dominate the internet/tv market. standard practice for complaints is either to ignore them or give a week or so of free service which basically costs the company zippy

elpmis said:
i've got a buddy that works for comcast - i told him about your situation and he basically said comcast doesn't give a shit about issues or what not since they dominate the internet/tv market. standard practice for complaints is either to ignore them or give a week or so of free service which basically costs the company zippy

Yep, and since it is unregulated there is really nobody to tell them what to do. :rolleyes:

elpmis said:

The new house doesn't have comcast for service, but the town does have it's own local company that still provides cable internet and tv for quite a bit less than comcast is. We will get all the movie channels and pay less than we are now for just HBO.

I have priced out 6 MBit DSL and Standard phone plans vs. Comcast's 6 MBit service and Vonage VOIP telephone. It would cost me 30 dollars more per month plus all the cancellation and sign up fees to switch. I'm going to keep bugging "Tim the manager" at the Jacksonville office until he gets so annoyed at me that he gets me fixed up.

Last edited: