general discussion thread v. lol content

kiwi said:
The fur and cleaning up after them and such. Knyte really wants a Jack Russell and that will be an indoor/outdoor dog, but the Lab will be an outdoor dog due to the size.
i don't think it's nice to get a pet then tell it that it can't really be a big part of the family. they're a lot of work and responsibility to be very rewarding in return.

F33nX said:
i don't think it's nice to get a pet then tell it that it can't really be a big part of the family. they're a lot of work and responsibility to be very rewarding in return.

:rolleyes:

F33nX said:

It's a pet, I know lots of people with outdoor pets that are great animals and see the family lots and are just fine. I don't like having big animals indoors, so I'm not going too. I actually don't even want a little dog indoors but I am now married and have to make compromises with my spouse.

kiwi said:
It's a pet, I know lots of people with outdoor pets that are great animals and see the family lots and are just fine. I don't like having big animals indoors, so I'm not going too. I actually don't even want a little dog indoors but I am now married and have to make compromises with my spouse.
most of the true "outside" animals that i know of are hunting dogs, which really aren't part of the family outside of the hunters because their lifestyle really changes their disposition. i also don't know how hot/cold it gets in utah, but in some parts of the country it's cruel to keep an animal outside during extreme weather conditions (like 100F heat, <0F cold, etc)

elpmis said:
what in the fuck does this have to do with TV censorship

I think that was just topic #1. I think topic changes are okay in this thread as long as it avoids poop. Who'd have thought?

ERage said:
I think that was just topic #1. I think topic changes are okay in this thread as long as it avoids poop. Who'd have thought?
in that case I don't think I'd keep a dog outside permanently, it's just not me

elpmis said:
in that case I don't think I'd keep a dog outside permanently, it's just not me

Keep a dog outside if you really hate your neighbors. Dogs need attention full time, it is not a cat. Dogs are more demanding for love than cats are and take alot more work to raise. Leave a dog outside full time and I guarentee you will have a barking nightmare on your hands. Then of course your gonna want it to stop barking and yell at it for your lack of attention :(

Censorship: There need to be limits on everything. Not just content for tv/media, but also limits on how/when the limiting occurs. If I'm up at 11pm watching TV I shouldn't be subjected to the same strict censorship rules as the shows at 3pm when kids are most likely to be watching.

Cat/Dog: For right now I'm a cat person. They maintain a level of independence that allows me to ignore them for day or two and they won't die. If/when I can get to a point in my life where I have the time, energy and space to devote to a dog I will have one again. I'm guessing that it will be right around the same time I have kids.

Boxer/Brief: Boxers don't provide hardly enough support, briefs are about a sexy to a woman as a visit with her ob/gyn. I'm a fan of the middle ground, boxer briefs.

reverendsaintjay said:
Censorship: There need to be limits on everything. Not just content for tv/media, but also limits on how/when the limiting occurs. If I'm up at 11pm watching TV I shouldn't be subjected to the same strict censorship rules as the shows at 3pm when kids are most likely to be watching.

Cat/Dog: For right now I'm a cat person. They maintain a level of independence that allows me to ignore them for day or two and they won't die. If/when I can get to a point in my life where I have the time, energy and space to devote to a dog I will have one again. I'm guessing that it will be right around the same time I have kids.

Boxer/Brief: Boxers don't provide hardly enough support, briefs are about a sexy to a woman as a visit with her ob/gyn. I'm a fan of the middle ground, boxer briefs.

you, kind sir, are :drool:tastic.

reverendsaintjay said:
That's kinda how it is now. They say 'fuck' on Cartoon Network at 3am, but not 3pm. But why can't shows just be rated and people not watch the shows that contain content they don't like? This lowest common denominator stuff is poop.

fly said:
That's kinda how it is now. They say 'fuck' on Cartoon Network at 3am, but not 3pm. But why can't shows just be rated and people not watch the shows that contain content they don't like? This lowest common denominator stuff is poop.
1. parents are too lazy to harbor their kids from adult stuff
2. the government is in the mood to censor everything in sight
3. due to being controlled by extreme christian right wingers

F33nX said:
But there is a chip that stops shows from being viewed based on the rating. I hope I live to see the government overthrown.

fly said:
But there is a chip that stops shows from being viewed based on the rating. I hope I live to see the government overthrown.
parents are too lazy to activate it. you can't buy tvs specifically rated for 14 year olds. it's like you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it give you its bukkake on tv.

F33nX said:

Yup. V-chip was supposed to help with that, but it didnt seem to catch on.

I actually came across a video on googlevideo that was "not available for viewing in the United States. The fuck is that about?

The govt is already a giant PTL club.

Drool-Boy said:
I actually came across a video on googlevideo that was "not available for viewing in the United States. The fuck is that about?
Since the begining of the war the US has been censoring all forms of images from Iraq, casualties of Americans, caskets, civilian troubles, etc. It's a big joke about our country and it's really depressing.