general discussion thread v. lol content

F33nX said:
i don't think it's nice to get a pet then tell it that it can't really be a big part of the family. they're a lot of work and responsibility to be very rewarding in return.

I have to agree. I don't really see the point of an outside dog.

F33nX said:
okay, new topic #3

boxers or briefs?

boxers are comfy
not only for me to wear
but to get into ;)

I like boxer briefs :drool:

Last edited:
djdouchebag said:
:lol:

This song is hilarious. Where did you get this and can I host it on my site if it's yours?

That song is by lemon demon, same guys that did the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny and the Ebaums World Dot Com song.

Go here: http://www.eviltrailmix.com/lemondemon/index2.html and then to get to the kittah song click the link for their Damn Skippy (2005) album.

The other links to flash animations on that site are also quality.

Perhaps I shouldn't speak, but hearing that people want to keep pets outside all the time makes me really mad. I think it's cruel. Domesticated animals need love and attention. Also, it gets really cold in Utah, and although cats and dogs are covered in fur, they have higher operating temperatures than humans, so they need warmer weather. This is why so many pets will curl up where it is warm even inside the house. Domesticated animals aren't cut out for outside living. Perhaps it is different there, but just reading about it makes me want to cry. Around here the humane society won't even let you adopt a pet if you tell them it will be kept out doors. They'd rather put them to sleep than give them that kind of life.

eileenbunny said:
Perhaps I shouldn't speak, but hearing that people want to keep pets outside all the time makes me really mad. I think it's cruel. Domesticated animals need love and attention. Also, it gets really cold in Utah, and although cats and dogs are covered in fur, they have higher operating temperatures than humans, so they need warmer weather. This is why so many pets will curl up where it is warm even inside the house. Domesticated animals aren't cut out for outside living. Perhaps it is different there, but just reading about it makes me want to cry. Around here the humane society won't even let you adopt a pet if you tell them it will be kept out doors. They'd rather put them to sleep than give them that kind of life.
i totally agree
it's not just the warmth factor
but attention and love

eileenbunny said:

I disagree. When I lived with my parents we maintained not only outside dogs, but outside (barn) cats. There are animals out there that are not suited to being 'inside only' pets. Dogs that don't get enough exercise are prone to weight and other health issues, shortening their lives greatly.

Another excellent point is that animals have some pretty kickass tricks used to survive in almost any climate. They go through winter and summer coats, each designed to protect them against the elements. They instinctively burrow or huddle to maintain warmth or coolness.

I believe that it is entirely possible to maintain an outside pet just as well if not better than an inside pet, so long as they are genetically inclined towards that life. I have no problem keeping a german sheperd out of doors, but it would be pretty damn cruel to try that with a greyhound.

And for the record... Sasha (the current barn kitty) can kick your ass, literally. She leaves animals on my parent's doorstep to let them know she's on the job down there.

reverendsaintjay said:
I disagree. When I lived with my parents we maintained not only outside dogs, but outside (barn) cats. There are animals out there that are not suited to being 'inside only' pets. Dogs that don't get enough exercise are prone to weight and other health issues, shortening their lives greatly.

Another excellent point is that animals have some pretty kickass tricks used to survive in almost any climate. They go through winter and summer coats, each designed to protect them against the elements. They instinctively burrow or huddle to maintain warmth or coolness.

I believe that it is entirely possible to maintain an outside pet just as well if not better than an inside pet, so long as they are genetically inclined towards that life. I have no problem keeping a german sheperd out of doors, but it would be pretty damn cruel to try that with a greyhound.

And for the record... Sasha (the current barn kitty) can kick your ass, literally. She leaves animals on my parent's doorstep to let them know she's on the job down there.
there are certain kinds of animals out there with outdoor dispositions and are bred to be as much. but a lot of the time when someone goes to the pet store or through a breeder and thinks "i wanna puppy/kitty!" they're not thinking about what will happen to it two seasons from now. i would never get a pet and tell it that it couldn't be inside with us, ever. feeding feral cats to help control mice in a barn is one thing, having fluffy outside all 4 seasons while she looks in the windows at you is another.

F33nX said:
there are certain kinds of animals out there with outdoor dispositions and are bred to be as much. but a lot of the time when someone goes to the pet store or through a breeder and thinks "i wanna puppy/kitty!" they're not thinking about what will happen to it two seasons from now. i would never get a pet and tell it that it couldn't be inside with us, ever. feeding feral cats to help control mice in a barn is one thing, having fluffy outside all 4 seasons while she looks in the windows at you is another.

The feral cat comment reminded me of something funny that I see from time to time. At a Greek restaurant nearby my office (Basil's Pizza & Deli) there are 2 jars for charities next to the register. One is for breast cancer research, the other is for feral cats. The feral cat jar is always jammed full of money and the breast cancer research jar is always next to emptly. What is the deal with that?

ERage said:
The feral cat comment reminded me of something funny that I see from time to time. At a Greek restaurant nearby my office (Basil's Pizza & Deli) there are 2 jars for charities next to the register. One is for breast cancer research, the other is for feral cats. The feral cat jar is always jammed full of money and the breast cancer research jar is always next to emptly. What is the deal with that?
i feel a bad joke coming on....

that's really wierd. i would definitely put more effort into research than finding homes/comforting for wild cats. then again, i tend to look more towards the future than the present.

Look, no bad jokes coming from me. Sure, my last post contained boob and pussy content but I was just going to leave it for what it was. Seriously though, this is no shen. I'll snap a pic of the jars next time I go there. JJ and Bast were there once with me and I think I mentioned it to them when we were paying up too.

ERage said:
Look, no bad jokes coming from me. Sure, my last post contained boob and pussy content but I was just going to leave it for what it was. Seriously though, this is no shen. I'll snap a pic of the jars next time I go there. JJ and Bast were there once with me and I think I mentioned it to them when we were paying up too.
What an atrociously bleak social commentary that is. :(

And it's also really damn funny, you should defiantly get pics on that one stat.

F33nX said:

So in your infinite wisdom, which obviously far outweighs any that the rest of us inferior beings could possess, a Lab and/or an Alaskan Malamute (which two kinds of dogs that I would like to own at some point) could not be suited to be an outside dog in a cold climate? Or that the two would not be loved enough just because they had a yard to run around and play in and just happened to live there?

For someone who isn't out to impress you sure post a lot of high-horse elitist BS.

Kiwi didn't ask for your opinion on the issue, nor is it your place to put her down because she thinks a large dog would be happier outside. Kiwi may be too nice to tell you when you've crossed the boundary between giving a kind-hearted opinion and condescending bitching, but I'm not.

Last edited:
KNYTE said:
So in your infinite wisdom, which obviously far outweighs any that the rest of us inferior beings could possess, a Lab and/or an Alaskan Malamute (which two kinds of dogs that I would like to own at some point) could not be suited to be an outside dog in a cold climate? Or that the two would not be loved enough just because they had a yard to run around and play in?

For someone who isn't out to impress you sure post a lot of high-horse elitist BS.

Kiwi didn't ask for your opinion on the issue, nor is it your place to put her down because she thinks a large dog would be happier outside. Kiwi may be too nice to tell you when you've crossed the boundary of kind-hearted opinion and condescending bitching, but I'm not.
1st bold: I concur.
2nd bold: I also concur. Dogs and cats alike can be just as happy living outside. I'm a cat guy so I can talk more about this while knowing what I'm speaking upon; cats like to be able to go in and out when they wish, and it should be as such. There's a fine line with dogs, they need far more attention than cats, but as long as the dog is given all the attention that it needs and it doesn't bother neighbors, there is no problem with it living outside. I mean I'm a vegi-head, no meat, etc etc so give me a break on this subject, even I think that having animals outside is more than okay. In fact, it's damn right good for them.
3rd part with italics: Dude, thank you. It's nice to see someone else who isn't afraid to speak up with out that walking-on-egg-shells PC crap. A+ You get ratings from me now.

Drool-Boy said:
Simmer down folks
I'm just saying. F33nX has good points, but so does KNYTE. They're both cool.

I'm sick of this conversation. Can we change it yet?

KNYTE said:
So in your infinite wisdom, which obviously far outweighs any that the rest of us inferior beings could possess, a Lab and/or an Alaskan Malamute (which two kinds of dogs that I would like to own at some point) could not be suited to be an outside dog in a cold climate? Or that the two would not be loved enough just because they had a yard to run around and play in and just happened to live there?
all i was saying is that i don't think it's fair to keep a dog that would be considered a pet strictly outside. work dogs and hunting dogs yes, but they have a different role in the family than a pet.

KNYTE said:
i stated opinion and related experience. i don't understand how that's elitist bs.

KNYTE said:
Kiwi didn't ask for your opinion on the issue, nor is it your place to put her down because she thinks a large dog would be happier outside. Kiwi may be too nice to tell you when you've crossed the boundary between giving a kind-hearted opinion and condescending bitching, but I'm not.
um, quit crapping on my thread?